• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

"i Appreciate You"

Potholer

When I was 14, one of my teachers told the class that, if you appreciate someone, you should tell them. But you've got to mean it. You have to look them in the eye and say with utmost sincerity "*name*, I appreciate you". I'm one of the few people from that class who still does it and everyone knows that I mean it.

Sometimes it's nice for someone to say it, just to cheer you up and it lets you know that you are a spectacular person and all the hard work you do and the wodnerful person you are isn't just forgotten or whatever.

It's also important to not say it too often, lest it lose its meaning. And when you say it, you have it mean it. A bit like "I love you". You don't go throwing that phrase around and I appreciate You is the same.

So, what you can do is tell three people how much you Appreciate them. Then, those people tell three people each. And then they tell three people each and....

Yeah. Just thought I'd share. Cheer someone up. Look them in the eye and say with feeling "*name* I Appreciate You"

<

Werbung:
i think that this is an excellent idea. one of the things i regret the most is that when i was 7, i went on a 2 month holiday to the USA and UK. when i got back, my best friend had left. she and her mother had just got up and left without a trace. i regret never having told her that she was my best friend. everyday i wish i had told her
<

Aww hun
<

I'm sure she knew. You think she's maybe somewhere in the world thinking "Man, I wish I had have said something..."

i still wish i had told her though
<

i recently told someone that i appreciate everything he has done for in the year we have known each other. he has done so much that has helped me improve myself as a person, and for that i could never thank him enough
<

I really like the idea behind this thread. In our society, we are so quick to shout about the bad qualities of a person, or a company, or a restaurant.... but we always forget to shout about the good things.

There is no confidence booster quite like praise. That's why programmes such as Supernanny have become so successful.... praise is much better than telling a child (or adult
<
) off.

Thanks potty, great idea!!!

i agree about the praise thing snowy. my parents yelled at me more then they praised me (but i was brought up more by babysitters then by my 'rents) and look how i turned out. i started seeing it as attention after a while.

You turned out just fine!!

I appreciate you, without you who would make me giggle each time a new member joins.... I like waiting for your welcome to see their reaction
<

I appreciate Bubbles, Subby, and thistle for being there for me over the past week... you know it meant a lot to me
<

<
for you all xxxxx
<
<
<

Werbung:
Back