• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Hunting

Hunting

• Total voters

thistle

What's your opinion on hunting? To be clear I'm talking about hunting in general..........from foxhunting through to game hunting and all other forms in between.

Have your say but please remember not to make other member's feel uncomfortable if their opinions differ from your own.

<

Werbung:
I'm kinda on the fence but also some forms are ok. I don't particularly know too much about hunting, but if it's to control "population" of a certain type of animal, I'm not against it. Hoppe that makes sense!

I'm on the fence too lol.

I abhor people who go out and kill animals for a quick thrill, I watched a programme not too long ago about taxidermists in the USA who specificially hunted animals with the sole intention of stuffing them to "make them look realistic" ........ ummmmmm sorry dumbass ! but it looked pretty realistic BEFORE you shot it !

On the other hand .....I have hunted ! albeit using falconry ie: I have taken a trained bird of prey out with the sole intention of allowing it to kill it's own prey whether it be rabbits, pheasants or duck. And I admit I enjoyed it ! To clarify I did not feel any pleasure that I participated in the death of an animal but I felt HUGE pride that a bird I had trained was capable of doing what nature designed it to do.........I know I sound completely hypocritical.

Whilst working as a falconer I had endless opportunities to join in on a shoot but I refused, again I will hold my hands up and say that this is NOT because I feel it is morally wrong but more that I am worried about having a crap aim and causing a long painful death as oppose to a quick one, I shot my first rifle when I was 7 y/o and was allowed to go rabbit hunting with my father at 9, but I always refused to point the gun at anything other than a target just in case.

So my view on hunting is..........if you are going to eat it then fine but if you are doing it for the sake of shooting something then you need to find another hobby

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thistle @ Oct 18 2007, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So my view on hunting is..........if you are going to eat it then fine but if you are doing it for the sake of shooting something then you need to find another hobby[/b]
I totally and completely agree with this.

I dated a guy for a while that would go out hunting for deer, and the thing with these guys is that they are going for the big bucks with the big antlers. I asked him, "Isn't it like farm animals, the older it gets the tougher the meat gets?" And he told me yes, but that was OK, they were just gonna make jerky out of it. Seems dumb to me, here you have this head on your wall, and crap meat...no thanks! And as I reread that, I realized that it is gross too!!

I am not against hunting for food, but I am not into it myself...

i am 100% pro-hunting. here in hickville USA hunting is the most common pass time, fishing is the second. i like to bow hunt the best, it doesn't hurt as bad as getting knocked down from the guns, however, it is a little harder to aim, i don't trap, because that's just cruel, and is no fun at all. me and my cousin Emma Jo practice bowing like all the time. it's fun. if you haven't hunted, you need to, because it's fun. (plus deer jerky is REALLY good)

Well, I am sure shooting people is also fun... but funnily enough we don't do that (most of us).

I have no problem with hunting, as long as its done for right reasons... Food, animal population control.... there are many reason why I think that it is a useful tool.... but just shooting an animal, just because its fun and because you can... is stupid. Learn an instrument, write short stories... go dancing/hangliding/surfing.... there are lots of things that are fun, without killing a defenseless animal.

Seeing as how one of my extremely good friends hunts..

I'm not totally against it. See, if an animal has a booming population that disrupts the ecosystem in which it and other animals live in, then I say hunt away..So I'm okay with people hunting too thin out an animal's population appropriately if it's needed for the balence of survival. I'm also okay with people hunting, then using ALL of the animal, and I mean ALL of it; internal and external. What I'm not okay with is people hunting endangered species and trophy hunting. I'm also against hunting bears.

I've put that I hate hunting all together, but now I think it is okay sometimes..if it means controlling population - and when it comes to eating, cause I'm not a vegetarian, and by that I only mean hunting fish...I don't even like hunting rabbits or deer, even if it is for food. It's stupid of me, I know, but somehow, it feels wrong. If there's already so much food around, other animals that are grown for that are being killed - then why do I have to kill more?

I hate guns, I hate people who hunt for fun. How can it be fun to shoot anyone, even if it is "just an animal"?! It makes me sick.

Wait a minute...I'm on the fence here when it comes to controlling the population of a certain breed. I sometimes think it's better for nature to regulate these things on it's own. After all, there's six billion of people on Earth, and we've managed to polute it, we've used it for A-bomb and H-bomb experiments (A-bomb was not an experiment on two occasions), we're actually responsible for global warming and...who's there to stop us?

hat it depends on 3 things:
A- What you hunt.
B- Why you hunt.
C- How you hunt.

My friends dad shoots foxes and rabbits, and uses a gun and a couple of dogs (although one is old and fat and has never caught a rabbit in it's life
<
). He hunts them because they are a pest. My father new a man who use to hunt pigs, and if the meat was alright, he would eat it. If not, he would bury them in a pit. All because they need to be gotten rid of.

But people who go around and kill an animal (EPSECIALLY when someone bludgeons a native animal to death) and just leaves it there, that really irks me.

I'm not sure if it is in the same catergory, but I hate baits, especially 1080.

My dad hunted animals for food and always respected the animal followed the rules and never wasted anything on the animal such as horns , he used for the rifle butt.
growing up with a indian welshman like my dad it was a great form of understanding the right ways of nature and in that, a education. I learned alot of respect for him and the idea that in most forms of survial we must hunt, wether it be food or social understanding in the groups in wich society belongs. therefore the wrong forms of hunting i also became aware of and am completly against.

Me , myself I dont believe I could pull the trigger though. i love animlas too much.

I strongly disagree with animal hunting.
I believe that animals too have their own rights which include the right to live and be treated well.
I pity those that's been shot or those that's made as an accessory or ornament.
Really seems not right for me.

Werbung:
I agree with you cecil. I do not think it is right for people just to shoot animals for a coat so they can feel like they are in style.

Back