• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Freaking Neighbors!

Cecille

I have never liked my neighbors since the day that we moved in this house. All of them are noisy, constantly shouting at each other, swearing even at their little kids or vice versa, war freaks, and what's worse is that they are paying their debts to my mom. They act as if they rule the world.

And just this morning, my husband got angry when a neighbor's son ride in his motorcycle which is in front of our house and had its side mirror broken. I know he has just changed that mirrors for a week or so, so I was very well sure that he will get mad with what happened. What's worse is that we never even heard a single "sorry" from the kid's guardian and they seem like they are the ones who has the right to be the angry. The kid can't even get close to our house after what happened and so are his guardians. Argh, I do not know what to do. My husband is angry until now and keeps on bugging me to talk to my neighbors and ask them to pay for the damage.

:mad:

Werbung:
Yuck! I've been there before with horrible neighbors so I totally understand what you are going through. What I don't understand is why your husband wants you to go yourself and ask them to pay for damages. From what you've written, they don't seem the type that are going to be too apologetic about this, so I would suggest you both go and ask them. Make sure however, to take pictures of the damage, and write down everything that happened, because I am thinking there is a good chance you may have to sue these people in order to get them to pay for what they did. Were there any other witnesses? That for sure would help.

I know most people probably don't want to get into a lawsuit with people they have to live by, but I just think these things will keep happening unless they are stopped in their tracks. Hopefully they will just apologize and pay like decent people should do, but I'd be prepared just in case.

I'm not sure what your options really are in the country you live in but why doesn't your husband go talk to them? Or you two go together?

Then again, if they are as awful as you say, they aren't going to do a thing about it so why bother? Just go through the legal channels available and cross your fingers for a resolution. That's really the best you can do.

I could feel you. :p
I also have insensitive, noisy and very irritating neighbors. They also have damaged some of our properties and never pay anything or even just sorry about it. And seems that they have the more right to be angry with me. I just pray that God will give me more patience.
Yes, maybe you could talk with them together with your husband or else seek legal help to make them pay for that side mirror. Good luck.

I have had crazy neighbors like that too, specially since we moved into this apartment complex. Its one of the main reasons we want to move so badly. Although they didn't do anything to damage our stuff, I was still glad when they moved before we did.

I don't really have any advice on the mirror situation. I hope it gets resolved in such a way that you are satisfied with the results.

Thanks for the responses, ladies.
I do understand my husband if he cannot go with me and talk to my neighbors. He can really erupt at situations like this so I won't also allow him to even if he would insist to go talk to them. Things might just get worse when that happens.

Anyways, I've talked to the mother of the child who broke the side mirror 2 days ago. She works overseas now and I am glad that she apologized for what her son did and promised that she would send the money to pay for the damage. Thank God.

Thanks for the responses, ladies.
I do understand my husband if he cannot go with me and talk to my neighbors. He can really erupt at situations like this so I won't also allow him to even if he would insist to go talk to them. Things might just get worse when that happens.

Anyways, I've talked to the mother of the child who broke the side mirror 2 days ago. She works overseas now and I am glad that she apologized for what her son did and promised that she would send the money to pay for the damage. Thank God.

Nice to know that the mother of the child is willing to pay for that.
She might be worried as well to her child since she was working abroad. Hope the guardian of the child will take care of him well. ;)

I had really bad neighbors at one time as well. I live in a very nice, older neighborhood, lots of older people and few kids. However, the owner of the house next to me decided to rent it out. Oh my gosh! Why he decided on these people were beyond me! They were dirty had sofas and old toliets sitting by the driveway. Everyday after work I had to go out and clean my yard because they would just throw their trash outside. They too acted like the ruled the world. The 8 kids that lived there played basketball until wee hours of the night. All I ever heard was "bounce, bounce, bounce" it drove me nuts. They are gone thank GOD! And the house did sell to a really nice nurse who works all the time and I never see! lol

I had really bad neighbors at one time as well. I live in a very nice, older neighborhood, lots of older people and few kids. However, the owner of the house next to me decided to rent it out. Oh my gosh! Why he decided on these people were beyond me! They were dirty had sofas and old toliets sitting by the driveway. Everyday after work I had to go out and clean my yard because they would just throw their trash outside. They too acted like the ruled the world. The 8 kids that lived there played basketball until wee hours of the night. All I ever heard was "bounce, bounce, bounce" it drove me nuts. They are gone thank GOD! And the house did sell to a really nice nurse who works all the time and I never see! lol

Whoa, that must be terrible for you to encounter everyday. Good thing they decided to move out of that place already, and now you already have your peace of mind. LOL :p

Oh well, I guess we just really can't avoid having annoying neighbors in our community.

Werbung:
Yikes, Cecil! I understand the frustration. We have a neighbor that isn't very neighborly. I hope you can get the situation resolved in a positive way. Glad to hear the mom offered to pay for the damages. I would bet this mom isn't happy that her son is not behaving in the manner she had taught him. Hopefully this will be the last of the situations with them, (at least the negative ones). Hang in there. ((big hugs))

Back