• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Flying Red Ants invaded house-sitting home.

Ayane

Most of them are dead now, but after house-sitting for a family member who has obviously now, not ever once hired an exterminator, I can safely say I felt like it was something fresh out of a horror movie.

I looked online and apparently these flying male worker ants are attracted to light so when I was cleaning the hallway, with the lights on, I was quickly over-taken with ants everywhere. I at first, didn't know what was going on, and started to freak out because I'm not in the comfort of my own house. I didn't know where anything like the bug spray was and calling my family member is near impossible when their on vacation.

Now at first I was thinking I would just have to suck it up(being terrified of ants) and stomp them out. HOLD THE LINE! (Since they were just couple doors down from my XXX's room and I couldn't afford that EVER going down. My next idea was to essentially leave for a spray can, because when I found one it was empty, but again, letting those ants into XXX's room is a DEATH SENTENCE. So I was basically in the movie 300. LOL. HOLD THAT LINE AGAIN!

They were all over the walls. Flying about, I was freaking out in tears. I tried to contact other family, friends, but everyone just had to be working and felt my emergency was like, an lol, its not that big deal. I'm telling you now that there is about 50 dead ants in the hallway and maybe 100 dead in the bathroom.

Yes the bathroom, thank god, it was between her room and the room they started poring out of. Those watt bulbs caused them to all chill in there. I eventually found a scorpian/spider kill spray and started knocking them down but generally ended up running in terror when they started bouncing all over the place - spazzing due to the poison.

I took a video of the aftermath for my friend on my phone. There's so many dead in the tub, floors, and in the sinks. I'm just thinking how the hell I'm going to clean this up because, I wonder if I even got them all as I simply turned off the lights, -
So when I approached them the next day with better knowledge to kill the rest - they had all vanished. (except for the dead.) And I wonder if its just because the poison got them or the lights turned off, and they went back to their homes LOL.

I've never been so afraid, to TURN ON the lights before in a home. What a night that was.

Werbung:
Back