• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Exchanging Passwords With Your Significant Other

preciouszd

How do you guys feel about exchanging passwords with your significant other? Do you think that people in a relationship should exchange them or should passwords be something we keep to ourselves?

Werbung:
For me it's fine. I don't hide things from my partner. I also believe this topic is subjective. I share my email passwords though in respect my partner asks me again though I know he memorizes it. I just want to be transparent to him and so he wouldn't doubt anything and trust me (though he does).

I don't think that one should be required to give their passwords to their partner. There are some things that everyone should be able to keep to oneself, and this is one of those. I think it's rude to ask someone for his/her passwords just to see if s/he has anything to hide.

That being said, I think it's nice when people give their passwords to their partner without being asked. I created most of my fiance's e-mail accounts. That was over 2 years ago, and he still hasn't changed the passwords I set for them although I made it clear to him that those were just temporary passwords. He did have an e-mail account that he used before we started dating, but he has also given me the password to that. As for my passwords, he doesn't have them although I wouldn't really mind giving them to him. :)

I agree with Vitamin, though it should not be REQUIRED that you share your password, I think it is a form a respect and a way to show your partner that you have absolutely nothing to hide. I share my password with my husband and vice versa, I have never logged on to his email accounts but I wouldn't be afraid to do so if need be.

My husband and I have always shared our passwords with each other. We don't have anything to hide from each other. Once in a while, we will need the other person to log on to their account of some sort and it's useful to just already know the passwords.

I always say I have nothing to hid and I don't. I would gladly give my husband any password he wants. I recently put one on my iPhone and he bugs me as to why. I did it simply to keep my kids off of it. The are constantly downloading crazy games and I want to keep them off. I've told my husband the password about 10 times but he always forgets and continues to ask why do you have a password again? lol

I don't have a problem giving out a password but I do understand wanting not to. Sometimes you just need something for yourself and your private thought. If I want to rant to a friend about the person I'm with just to get it out, I'd like to be able to do it without them going behind me and reading it out of context.

I do find that because I don't feel I have anything to hide, if they hide things behind a password, I can get suspicious. That can be overcome simply by reasoning though. I try and lay it out for myself. Have they done anything else suspect? Are they acting differently? I would never ask for their passwords though.

No one should be required to give out their passwords...if you are in a relationship and the other person is demanding to know your passwords, then something is seriously wrong. But if you want to give them your password its no big deal...just don't give your partner your password and then get mad at them because they won't give you theirs lol....

My husband & I know each others passwords, mainly because he is always having me check for something in his email. Or he'll forget his password to something else & have to ask me for it. There's nothing wrong with sharing passwords.

I guess it depends on if they have issues with trust. There's nothing wrong with it if you both agree, but some people have trust problems that make them react to silly things. For example, if I'm dating a guy who freaks out every time I talk to another male, even when there is nothing going on at all, then I don't want him going berserk every time a male friend sends me an email or something.

I don't exchange passwords with my partner but he does know how to get into my email box. So i guess i must not be too afraid of what he will find there. Otherwise i would change my password.

How do you guys feel about exchanging passwords with your significant other? Do you think that people in a relationship should exchange them or should passwords be something we keep to ourselves?

I think, if you can't trust them, then it's not a healthy relationship. I know my fiance's passwords and he knows mine. I had an abusive boyfriend for many years and I had to keep my passwords from him because I couldn't trust him. It's just the fact that I couldn't get away from him. Anyway, I know my fiance's passwords but if I ever need to go on whatever account, I simply ask first just so he's aware of it.

I think it depends on the kind of relationship both parties have with each other. If they trust one another to give out the password, then good but if one feels that they need to keep them away from their spouse, well that does not mean that they love each other less. I know money brings evil in relationships and so each couple should deal with it the best way they think.

I find exchanging passwords unnecessary. Why would we do this? I don't need my boyfriend password, I'm not interested in his computer, I trust him. When I worry about something, I just ask him.

Werbung:
I have his email password because we both have to use that account sometimes for work. (I do his paperwork for his current job). I have never looked at any of his emails nor have I logged into his account for anything that wasn't work related. I wouldn't give him any of my passwords because there would be no reason for him to have them. I wish I didn't have to have his.

Back