• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Don't you just hate it when you have to do everything by yourself?

I can rely on my boyfriend, I'm a very lucky girl. He is always there for me, he is taking care of me, when I need help, he helps me. He is wonderful:D . But the truth is, I really like cleaning, doing laundry and all. It's fun (I'm fully aware how crazy it sounds):p

Werbung:
In our relationship I'm generally in charge of the cooking and cleaning, and I don't expect my boyfriend to deep clean the house or anything. But I do get very mad when he makes my life harder. He knows where the clothes go, yet he will just take them off and drop them right there on the floor in the middle of the living room.

It's like, I don't mind basic cleaning up. But don't make my life harder just because you're lazy. I don't care if you worked all day. I WORK ALL DAY TOO. That's the thing--I'm NOT a housewife. I also do physical labor and am very tired. Don't make my life harder. I don't buy the "I'm tired" argument anyway. It doesn't take any more energy to put clothes in a drawer than it does to drop them on the floor.

YES! I really hate when my husband does something simple.. "I loaded the dishwasher" (there was maybe 3 glasses in the sink) and acts like he just split the atom or something. Then he always asks me what I did all day (if I have a day off work). I'm like, cleaned the whole freaking house!

I can relate to this problem. I currently don't have a significant other, but it has been a big problem in the past. It has caused more than one breakup. I would love to find a man who cleans up after himself or likes to share in the cleaning responsibilities.

Yes! Granted, my husband does help out, but I still do close to 80% of the things around the house. We had new carpeting put in recently, and I did 90% of the organizing and moving things around to make room. Now that the fumes from the new carpet have forced both me and my bird to stay at my parents' house for awhile, I STILL have to do most of the things around our own house! My husband is still staying at home, so I do go home for a couple hours each day, at least to have dinner with him. I STILL do the cooking, and I still do all the dishes. At least he's doing his own laundry...

I have this problem too. No matter how many times I ask, no matter how nicely, or how angered I get, it does not make a difference. My partner will still leave his dirty clothes on the floor despite the dirty laundry basket being in the same room. He'll often "forget" to hang his towel up, and he'll also leave dishes everywhere despite knowing that his chore is to do the dishes! I clean the bathroom, sweep and mop the entire apartment, wash off all the tables, rinse all the dishes, straighten the apartment up, clean the cat boxes, and make the bed... not to mention I always put the groceries away and his tasks are to wash and dry the laundry (I fold it and put it away), and do dishes once a day.... those don't even get done!

It's incredibly annoying because I don't want to be an enabler so I just leave it... hoping he'll realize that he's forgotten to do something... but of course not... sometimes I will go almost two weeks with dirty laundry and dishes sitting there... then I get really pissed because that's not hygienic... it's bad for our health!

I really wish my partner would grow up a little bit and take some responsibility.

Anyone have any solutions for this type of behavior/laziness?

I understand you completely as I am a mom as well. Sometimes we get into the habit of just picking up after everyone because its easier than trying to remind them over and over again that they need to do the chore themselves. I have found however that if we don't take the time to teach them to do it on their own they'll never feel the need to develop the habit and we all end up irritated with each other. These negative feelings will fester and ultimately hurt the relationship more than it should. It may take more time but do place a laundry basket at an accessible area in your bedroom so he'll just have to stand there and drop his clothes in when he gets home. Run him through it the first couple of times. He'll get use to it in time. :)

Werbung:
Yes, men can be like that if you let them. Most of them won't do something if they think someone else can do it for them, my SO is just like that. Most guys like it easy, I know not all of them are like that, but most of the ones I've met are. That's why you have to make it clear to the guy since the start that he is expected to help with housework.

I know some people don't think that much about it, but actually according to an article I read quite recently, it stated that happiness in the marriage depends a lot on the fact the husband helps enough at home or not. I can understand that! I'd be mad if mine didn't lift a finger either!

Back