• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Don't you just hate computers sometimes...?

QuatreHiead

So, I was getting ready to start in on a productive week today, unfortunately I get in to school and hook up my external hard drive, then it just doesn't work. At first I thought it was just being slow, then I hear this clicking noise... I had a friend try to connect it on their computer. No such luck. Still battling with the thing now (it's been since 8 am) and still... no go.

I'm hoping I can at least get the data off. I really hate losing things, it just kills my entire mood and I get all agitated and irritable about everything. Then there is a sense of depression... I've lost this, so what will I lose next sort of attitude.

I know it isn't logical and reasonable to think this way, but I really can't help it. Sometimes I wonder where this bad habit came from. But I know one thing, this is one of the reasons computers and me have never gotten along. In just moments on a little whim they can crush an entire week.

Werbung:
Computer and internet problems send me into high anxiety mode, so I completely understand how you feel! I've lost so many pictures, papers, stories, and so on due to computer crashes, and it really does feel awful (my old laptop died right before Christmas, taking years of files with it. Fortunately, I had quite a bit backed up, but not everything). It's especially horrible when you lose something you put a lot of time into, or something that has sentimental value.

Yea... I think the worst part for me is not entirely knowing what is lost. I hate to be that paranoid person who goes out to get a backup of the backup of the backup.... but I can't see much around it. Especially with hard drives, they can be so fragile and I don't know much of a way around being able to take a lot of data with me besides using a portable one. Maybe I can come up with a better way to carry it that keeps it more protected...?

I'm dreading the moment when I realize that I lost something sentimental or that I really don't know if I can find ever again. I know there were a few diary entries that I had recently made and not backed up. Other than that, I'm thinking I may be lucky and most of it came from elsewhere so a majority wasn't lost. I had a different not portable external drive I had been using earlier that I copied most of the portable drive's contents from.

I lost my whole operating system once and it would not come back with system restore. It was terrible. Right now mine is running so slow. I got back the XP software but it was not easy. Computers can sometimes be very stressful and time consuming just to get them running correctly so you can do work on them. It is terrible when you have computer problems and cannot do your work. Hopefully your teacher or lecturer will understand.

I've never trusted hard drives. If I have my files on a hard drive, those hard drive files have DVD back ups because they are seriously unreliable. Just a little power surge or a defective USB port can damage it. And there's no shop in our city which offers data recovery, so once your hard drive is damage, you can only cry for data that's lost.

Yes, I hate computers especially when Windows go ballistic and decide to no longer function. Fortunately, I am using two operating systems- one of which is Linux- because it can repair most of my issues with regards to Windows boot.

Ugh, that really blows.

Been there, dealt with it, though. I really hope you're able to get your data off there, too. Good luck!

I really hate it when I can't get on the internet or I get a laptop that just shuts down for no reason. That feeling of helplessness and frustration just makes me want to throw it across the wall.

Oh yes, computers can be really annoying. Sometimes it's just to difficult to get them running correctly. I often have to seek for my boyfriend's advise. I really hate when I can't get on the internet too, it makes me so angry! Fortunately it doesn't happen too often.

I love computers. It take a lot to get me upset with my computer. Even if my computer malfunctions I get more upset with myself because I don't have the skills to fix it immediately.

I have had my share of challenging moments with a computer but nothing can bring me to hate my computer...I just love my computer to death. I, actually, had a situation where I lost everything and my backups would not work - that was not pleasant but nonetheless I got through it. Just always backup everything...

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. I think we all go through this sometime in our lives. We all have bad days and get depressed about things, but soon these things will improve greatly and you will feel like you are the luckiest person alive. Just give it time and it will get better!

I have a love/hate relationship with my computer. When everything goes well, I really love what it can do for me. I can get information literally at my fingertips and I can do just about everything on the computer with Internet connection, of course.

But when my computer crashes on me which it had done a few times, I start to resent it. I feel that whenever I have something important to do, that is when the computer won't work as if it knows that I haven't appreciated it enough and now it's throwing a tantrum.

But usually, more often than not, my computer works very well and gives me very little reason to truly hate it. I love my computer.

Werbung:
So, I was getting ready to start in on a productive week today, unfortunately I get in to school and hook up my external hard drive, then it just doesn't work. At first I thought it was just being slow, then I hear this clicking noise... I had a friend try to connect it on their computer. No such luck. Still battling with the thing now (it's been since 8 am) and still... no go.

I'm hoping I can at least get the data off. I really hate losing things, it just kills my entire mood and I get all agitated and irritable about everything. Then there is a sense of depression... I've lost this, so what will I lose next sort of attitude.

I know it isn't logical and reasonable to think this way, but I really can't help it. Sometimes I wonder where this bad habit came from. But I know one thing, this is one of the reasons computers and me have never gotten along. In just moments on a little whim they can crush an entire week.

By the way, there might be a way to recover your date but it's a little complex process. The clicking sound is caused by a defective mechanism in the hard drive but the platter which contains your data is probably still okay.

I'm not sure if someone does this kind of recovery but I've only seen it done in Youtube. This one in particular does some re-calibration.

Back