• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do You Smell That?

MformantSecor

Hey ladies!

So I wanted to ask about something that may be a bit of an uncomfortable topic. I was just curious, but have any of you ever thought your...er....nether-regions...um...oh, I'll just say it, your vagina or vaginal fluids smelt weird? Even if they look, feel, and are healthy, do some of you still dislike the smell?

I know that even as a virgin, and I knew for sure that I didn't have any issues, I thought my vaginal secretions smelt strange. I bathed regularly, but even right after a bath, the "regular" smell would return, or it's like it never washed off no matter how well or often I scrubbed and rinsed. I've only had one pap-smear done so far, and I didn't get the chance to ask my doctor if she thought anything smelt funny down there. I'm guessing since she didn't come out and say anything smelt out of the ordinary, it might just be my own dislike for the smell.

I have read that what you eat affects the smell, so fruits make it smell more pleasant, supposedly. I've also read that using soaps with strong perfume or scents can make your vaginal fluids smell bad and upset the pH balance. I do find that when I use unscented soap, the smell is more mild. So what do you guys think? What have been your experiences with this type of thing? Is there anything else that can be done about this?

Given that there are no issues like infection or STD/STI, I just wonder if there are women like me who think their normal, healthy smell is just unappealing. Also, I don't think I would feel comfortable buying something like Vagisil at the store. I mean, EVERYONE knows what it's for. You're not fooling anyone, am I right? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, as uncomfortable as it might be to discuss. Buy hey, no judgment!

Werbung:
It's a little embarrassing to talk about it, but, to be honest, I don't like my natural, healthy smell either. But I guess it's something that we have to accept, because there is no way to change it. I take a shower once or even twice a day (if it's very warm outside) and I use a delicate soap. Also, I don't have any hair there, I shave it off regularly. I think it helps a little:)

My natural healthy smell is quite mild to be honest. I can't say I dislike it or love it, I just think it's ok. I did notice my smell was a bit stronger and unpleasant when I washed down there with a normal soap, now I use a neuter soap to wash my private parts and I feel great. The scented soap caused me a lot irritation down there, I think i also played around with my natural pH.

I'm glad you were brave enough to bring up this topic, to be honest I never thought of bringing up a topic like this. I hadn't even thought about it! I must admit I wasn't happy with my ow healthy smell when I was younger, but nowadays is all good :) This topic wasn't an easy one back then. I'm glad I found the perfect balance!

By the way girls, there are some diseases (not STDs) that can cause bad smell, like for example yeast infections and infectious vaginitis caused by candidiasis or a bacteria.

After reading many books and consulting with my physician, I learned that a woman's vaginal area isn't supposed to have a smell at all. When I was in my early 20's I had a mild smell that I hated and I would shower 2-3 times per day as well as put baby powder, douche, and lotion down there. I would discuss this with my friends and they would experience the same thing.

I thought that there is no way that this mild, faint smell was normal so I asked a physician and read many books. I kind of have an issues with funky smells - I hate them with a passion. I even put deodorant under my breasts to prevent from smelling in case I sweat. Anyways, I now know that all of the stuff that I was doing was actually causing the mild smell.

I no longer use douche - the vagina is made to cleanse itself after a period. If you feel that you still want to douche, then douche with a yogurt that contains acidophilus. I only use Vagisil to wash for PH balance because anything as small as the dye in your panties can cause an odor and throw off your PH balance. Therefore, I try to wear white panties and absolutely no thongs or g-strings. The bacteria from your anal area can trickle down your g-string and into the vagina, causing an infection.

Sex can also throw off your PH balance because of the male's sperm and secretions. So, I ALWAYS use a condom - even if he is pressuring me I still say HECK NO because I am the one that would have to walk around with that fish funk, not him! I don't play around when it comes to my vagina because I like to feel comfortable in public. I don't want to have to walk around thinking that someone can smell me.

I also eat healthy and drink plenty of water per day (this helps A LOT with vaginal secretion) and I take vitamins daily.

I can honestly say, and I know my boyfriend can vouch for me when I say that I do not have a vaginal odor. If you stay away from the junk food, fragrance soaps, powder, lotion, douche, then you will see a drastic change in the smell.

And please don't feel embarrassed to buy things like that at the store. Trust me, they will not judge - the only thing that they can say is that you are taking care of yourself. If you are still uncomfortable, then you should try ordering those products online until you are comfortable.

Thanks for responding to my post, ladies!

I have never douched before, and I hear that it's pretty bad for you. It is interesting to know that even your panties can affect pH. It seems like we can't do anything without our vagina being thrown off in some way. I have also heard that using panty liners can affect your smell, as the cotton fibers can irritate the delicate balance of your vagina and also prevent proper ventilation. I personally have to wear panty liners all the time because I happen to have an active vagina and if I didn't, a lot of my nice underwear would be ruined.

So while I may use unscented soap, try to watch what I eat, and bathe regularly, do you think that perhaps it is the panty liners that are contributing to the smell? I don't shave all my hair down there either because I've read that hair helps regulate bacteria, but I do like to keep it trimmed and shave more of the upper parts, if that makes sense. I have considered ordering Vagisil online, but I haven't done so yet because I haven't gotten a chance to review how well it works.

Lastly, I have noticed that the smell strength depends on where I am in my cycle. The only time I don't notice any smell is during ovulation, while it seems stronger closer to my period (which makes sense). I'm still young though (only 20), so maybe it'll change as I get older, or I'll find a way to reduce the smell, even if others say it's normal. :)

Thanks for responding to my post, ladies!

I have never douched before, and I hear that it's pretty bad for you. It is interesting to know that even your panties can affect pH. It seems like we can't do anything without our vagina being thrown off in some way. I have also heard that using panty liners can affect your smell, as the cotton fibers can irritate the delicate balance of your vagina and also prevent proper ventilation. I personally have to wear panty liners all the time because I happen to have an active vagina and if I didn't, a lot of my nice underwear would be ruined.

So while I may use unscented soap, try to watch what I eat, and bathe regularly, do you think that perhaps it is the panty liners that are contributing to the smell? I don't shave all my hair down there either because I've read that hair helps regulate bacteria, but I do like to keep it trimmed and shave more of the upper parts, if that makes sense. I have considered ordering Vagisil online, but I haven't done so yet because I haven't gotten a chance to review how well it works.

Lastly, I have noticed that the smell strength depends on where I am in my cycle. The only time I don't notice any smell is during ovulation, while it seems stronger closer to my period (which makes sense). I'm still young though (only 20), so maybe it'll change as I get older, or I'll find a way to reduce the smell, even if others say it's normal. :)

I had that when I was a teen, and it may be a sign of bacterial vaginosis but to be certain check with your doctor. You should smell anything when your period is about to start. In the mean time, shy away from spicy, cheesy, or oily foods and drink plenty of water. Another thing that could help is eating yogurt that contains acidophilus because your PH balance may be off. I hope this helps! :)

Werbung:
I have noticed a number of factors that influence the smell down there. The food I eat is the biggest contribution to the overall smell. When I eat foods that are more acidic or junk foods, I can notice a significantly stronger scent compared to when I eat a well balanced diet that is packed full of nutrition, and the right kinds of foods.. When I eat a better diet overall that is packed with nutritional foods, the smell goes away or is extremely faint. Sex also impacts the smell at times depending on a few different factors including lubrication used, and what he does with his spray.

Back