• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you make homemade food?

Yes, I do cook a lot and don't really use a lot of pre-packaged foods, but I don't really 'bake' as such - cakes and the like. I can and do sometimes make my own bread on a weekend when I'm not at work and I've got more time.

I do 'cheat' in terms of using tetra packs of tomatoes for chillies, pasta sauces and lasagne, etc, but I do try to keep it to a minimum. The one area where I want to start cooking my own from scratch is soup - I eat soup for lunch at work in the winter and it can cost a small fortune buying tins every day!

Werbung:
I agree that you can often get them at really good prices. My bigger concern at times is the ingredients inside. In the US at least, a lot of those super cheap options are also filled with crappy fillers and chemicals. I would rather spend a little bit more at times and make it myself than put that in the kids' bodies, not knowing what it might do to them.
I realize that some of the ready-made and pre-packaged food may contain chemicals and other ingredients that may or may not be healthy but then I'm not a cook and I'm never good at cooking so I guess my best option is to find something that is easily available. If I try to protect my children from everything that is dangerous and unhealthy, I think I will become too overprotective and their body also needs to learn to create anti-bodies that can fight any kind of foreign and dangerous chemicals that may enter their body. If their bodies are not exposed to such chemicals, their bodies will not be able to fight these dangerous elements when they do enter their bodies accidentally.

I enjoy cooking and making homemade foods, yes. My family has a long line of great cooks but mostly what I learned was on my own. I'm not sure why I wasn't interested to learn from my mom in the kitchen, but I wasn't. :)

The more things I can make home cooked without the preservatives of pre-packaged foods, the better!

I love homemade cooking its so nice ... You can portion size the food you put on the plate it's just so. Nice :)

I cook a lot at home with fresh vegetables and herbs; I don't actually eat a lot of bread, so I've never made my own, but I'd like to. The only thing I can think of at the moment that I make from scratch is soup stock. I rarely eat out anymore so I guess in that sense almost everything I consume is homemade.

I am actually a horrid cook. I get impatient and try to make too many things at once, then become stressed when everything gets done at the same time, and end up trying to rip my hair out. Or, I get bored, wander off, and forget about it until it starts smoking.

Luckily, my boyfriend is an absolutely wonderful cook, and on his off days he does normally cook something homemade. He makes an absolutely delicious naan.

I'd love to make more homemade foods. I'm eating somewhat homemade right now, but that's just because my step-dad likes to cook. We buy bread and boxed macaroni and cheese, but he makes most desserts himself. Meals are kind of a mix of homemade and prepackaged. For instance, if we have casserole, my step-dad might use canned soup for the base and store-bought pasta, but we almost never get those complete frozen meals.

I want to learn to make things myself. I'm not just talking about casseroles and soups, either. I want to learn to make my own bread, chicken stock, apple juice, etc... Right now I'm pretty busy with summer, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get more done once school starts for my step-sister.

I'd love to make more homemade foods. I'm eating somewhat homemade right now, but that's just because my step-dad likes to cook. We buy bread and boxed macaroni and cheese, but he makes most desserts himself. Meals are kind of a mix of homemade and prepackaged. For instance, if we have casserole, my step-dad might use canned soup for the base and store-bought pasta, but we almost never get those complete frozen meals.

I want to learn to make things myself. I'm not just talking about casseroles and soups, either. I want to learn to make my own bread, chicken stock, apple juice, etc... Right now I'm pretty busy with summer, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get more done once school starts for my step-sister.
Cooking can be a lot of fun! I like old fashioned cook books (like Betty Crocker) and sometimes you can find them in used book stores or thrift stores for cheap. You can find recipes to make your own cakes, breads and much more. The old fashioned seems to be more about homemade and not adding packaged stuff - tho I am sure there are other good books. I also like Allrecipes.com for recipes, you can find some really good ones there! It's free. I believe that site is where I found my favorite bread recipe and I know that is where I found our favorite apple pie recipe :)

Unfortunately, I do not make homemade food and that is only because I just started learning how to cook. yes, at 25 I am just learning--I feel embarrassed about that. I wish that I would have learned sooner but I had to learn but I like to eat healthy foods that are tasty. So, I've learned a lot and I can't wait until I am able to cook homemade food.

I just made a bunch of home cooked food. My friend is on vacation and gave me some food right after I had gone to the farmer's market and so I have all this stuff that needs to be cooked. I still have more to do tomorrow, but I am all cooked out for today.

Unfortunately, I do not make homemade food and that is only because I just started learning how to cook. yes, at 25 I am just learning--I feel embarrassed about that. I wish that I would have learned sooner but I had to learn but I like to eat healthy foods that are tasty. So, I've learned a lot and I can't wait until I am able to cook homemade food.

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. There are many circumstances in which people do not learn to cook until they are adults. What is important now is that you have taken the initiative to learn how to cook; once you learn something, it's yours forever.

Most of the time, I buy small items like bread at the store, but I do cook some things from scratch like home-made icing for a store-bought cake mix. I like to be creative with meat like slow-cooked chicken. I would cut up onions, peppers and veggies, and season them separately. I season the meat and cook it first, then add my veggies to add flavor and a little creativity. I recently used a crockpot and slowly cooked it together to make it down home cooking. I also make home-made pizza sometimes, which I learned from a Bubblews website.

The men in our family made home-made jellies, jams and biscuits. If there are more people to cook for, then I may take an interest to make more home-cooked meals.

Werbung:
I would make my own bread, but I don't have a big family, so I know the bread I make won't be consumed promptly.

That's why I rather buy my own bread and other things, but I love the idea to make my own liquor and jellies once I start growing a lot things in my garden.

Back