• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do Women Prefer Men With Muscles?

Dreek Lass

I know that all women are different and prefer what they prefer, but I would just like to feel you guys out on whether or not you think that women prefer men with muscles or not.

I am asking because I have this male friend, and he is absolutely gorgeous. He used to date a celebrity until they broke up about two years ago. He was already fairly muscular, but then he really dived head first into working out once that relationship ended. He is a lot bigger now as far as muscle goes, and has even developed an unattractive thick neck.

I think that he was much better looking when he was just fairly muscular and not so hench, like he is now.

He asked me and a couple of our friends the other day whether or not women, in their majority, find men with muscles unattractive, because he doesn't seem to be able to meet any girls. He's a great guy and so good looking that it hurts sometimes.

So I thought I would pose this question to you women. What are your thoughts?

Werbung:
I don't think the thick neck is the problem - perhaps it's the fact that he is so good looking that is putting 'normal' women off flirting or striking up a conversation because they are afraid that they will be immediately rejected by 'Adonis'.

I do like a muscular guy, sure, but my preference is a 'big' guy with a rugby player's physique - strong and muscular, but also enjoys a good meal without worrying that it's got any carbs or more than a 3% fat content!

I'm into lean and toned men, or where you can see the muscles, but it's not overpowering. I find when they have a lot of muscles I tend to find them unattractive and when I remember discussing this with my girl friends a few times, they agreed with the same thought that it was unattractive. I feel bad for men like that because they work so hard, but I don't know any girl who actually likes it. I'm not saying there isn't girls who do like it, I just don't know any of them.

Well, I'm not interested in men who are weak or short. But when a man is too muscular I don't find it attractive either because it doesn't look natural. Also, I wouldn't like to be with somebody who spends all his time at the gym and focuses only on his body.
My boyfriend is perfect:love: He runs in marathons and he rides a bike every day, he is very, very strong - my arms look completely tiny compared to his and I like it:D But he still looks natural, he is just very manly.

Thanks for all of your responses guys :) I had never thought about the point that you highlighted, Sparkles. Maybe women are intimidated by my friend. The thing is though, that he used to get a lot more female attention before. I mean, he was a camera assistant for a hit teen drama over here and one of the actresses instantly liked him and they were together from then, and she was a very shy women, despite being a actress. In real life she is pretty shy, but she still approached him.

Claudine, my friend doesn't spend all of his time in the gym, but keeping healthy is a big part of his life, He likes to have a body that works well, and he likes for it to feel good. he has only just started to eat meat, after being a vegetarian for X amount of years, because he learned of the benefits of eating meat.

I would not like men with too much muscles. That is a bit much for me. I would rather date a guy who is tall and athletic baseball player or a runner type with nice, toned muscles or even slightly stocky. I think a guy can be naturally stocky with nice muscle tone without being ridiculously all muscles. Too much is unnatural. My boyfriend is naturally stocky and walks a lot to stay toned. Yoga and slight weightlifting has helped to, but I am satisfied with that as just right instead of too much or too skinny.

I would not like men with too much muscles. That is a bit much for me. I would rather date a guy who is tall and athletic baseball player or a runner type with nice, toned muscles or even slightly stocky. I think a guy can be naturally stocky with nice muscle tone without being ridiculously all muscles. Too much is unnatural. My boyfriend is naturally stocky and walks a lot to stay toned. Yoga and slight weightlifting has helped to, but I am satisfied with that as just right instead of too much or too skinny.

My friend is into something called Crossfit? I don't know whether not you have heard of it or not, but Crossfit is a new sport that has really blown up in the UK and in some other parts of the world. He is a body builder and he isn't unnaturally muscular, but he just looked a lot better, I feel, when he was fairly muscular. I don't think the way that his neck and face now look after the bulking up is that attractive. His face looks better when it was kind of angular and sharp, slender.

My friend is into something called Crossfit? I don't know whether not you have heard of it or not, but Crossfit is a new sport that has really blown up in the UK and in some other parts of the world. He is a body builder and he isn't unnaturally muscular, but he just looked a lot better, I feel, when he was fairly muscular. I don't think the way that his neck and face now look after the bulking up is that attractive. His face looks better when it was kind of angular and sharp, slender.

I have never heard of Crossfit. Here, they have a lot of yoga and Zumba. The angular look is good. It is the thick neck that throws me off. I agree. I don't think that bulking up that much makes a man attractive at all. It makes him look more like a muscle head or some strange, obsessed jock. Just walking or running alone can make a man look fit and athletic enough without so many weights added to his routine.

Werbung:
I have never heard of Crossfit. Here, they have a lot of yoga and Zumba. The angular look is good. It is the thick neck that throws me off. I agree. I don't think that bulking up that much makes a man attractive at all. It makes him look more like a muscle head or some strange, obsessed jock. Just walking or running alone can make a man look fit and athletic enough without so many weights added to his routine.

Yes, I can more than agree that the angular look is great and it really adds to his masculine features. He has a beautiful face and one of those classic vampire V crest hair lines? I don't know if I am describing that right. I am sure that there is a word for that type of hairline - as a writer I should know what it is and should be ashamed of myself hahah - but it is slipping my mind right now, if I ever did know it. I am dying to tell my friend to stop going to the gym if at least for a few weeks, but I really can't see him taking on the advice.

I think that a lot of it has to do with his break up with the celebrity that I mentioned in my previous post. She has now moved on and is dating someone else. Her new boyfriend is not nearly as good looking and just looks like a younger Gordan Ramsey - you know that idiotic Chef who just swears and belittles people on Hell's Kitchen? Him.

Back