• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Disinfectants

Potholer

Everytime there's an ad on for disinfectants, they really get me annoyed. It's like a giant fear campaign. "blah blah, if you let even a small bit of bacteria in your home, your kids could DIE". the kids are gonna end up more sick if you're constantly wiping them down with hand sanitiser! there's no way in hell that countries like ours are gonna need constant disinfecting in everyday life. In fact, by scaring the hell out of parents with the germy thing, they're gonna destroy the kids immune system by taking away good as well as bad bacteria. the healthiest kids go to daycare cos they get subjected to all sorts or sicknesses and germs early on and it builds up their immune system. there is no harm in a bit of germ, what is with all the ads for "hospital grade" disinfectant??

GAH

Werbung:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Potholer @ Jan 31 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the kids are gonna end up more sick if you're constantly wiping them down with hand sanitiser![/b]
Totally agree! One family I used to babysit for in my teens, the mum used to regularly bleach the kitchen surfaces - her kids were always poorly with colds etc. Not saying this caused it, but as you say kids need exposure to a certain amount of bacteria in order to build up their immune systems!

Back