• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Dentist!!

Dreama

uggh i went to the dentist to put theses crowns on my teeth and it hurts so much gosh dangit! what they do it drill my tooth smaller and then put a little thing on topp of it to protect it!! well while they were drilling they stabbed my tongue o accident and now my tongue is bleeding and hurts like hell!!! aaaaaahahahah
<

Werbung:
A word of warning about braces, the back ones that go all the way around your tooth have collapsed 3 out of 4 of my molars. One tooth was destroyed to the point of having it removed, 2 have had large fillings and the last one at the moment is ok.
They are the only teeth I've ever had trouble with, they just started breaking from the pressure of the brace.

<
Tia!! Jeepers!!!

I can't believe you've got crowned teeth Dreama, you're so young! My dentist made a big deal about me being 17 and getting two capped teeth and there you are getting crowns :S.

I've had braces too and I think I had it lucky - they didn't really hurt all that much (just a few weeks when I first got them on when I began to question whether I'd ever be able to eat proper food again heh) and now they're off and I wear plastic retainers which are being a pain because I take them off for the day and my front teeth move back. He's going to put a bit of wire at the top for me wooo. But the dentist is getting all antsy about my cursèd 4 wisdom teeth coming in, two of which are going to have to come out (*whimper*) and the others are probably going to mess up my lvoely straight (-ish) teeth. *sigh*

Curses on your dentist Dreama! It's worrying that they're drilling your teeth and miss bad enough to hit your tongue. Aren't they meant to have steady hands....? :umm:

My tale of dental pain... Trust me... It can always be worse.....
<
*copied from my MSN My Space*

Ok this is an odd first post but after my last 48 hrs... I just wanna know if anyone else is this unlucky with the dentists they see...

On Thursday moring it was my 3rd day straight in pain from the last wisdom tooth I had... I was desperate come thursday night and couldnt wait a moment longer for my apointment on Friday morning... so at 7pm I went upto the local hospital who gave me a referal list of emergency dentist.... so we rang one got an appointment and headed over....

Now this is where all the fun begins... She fitted me in amoungst other people waiting She decided to not remove the wisdom tooth like I asked and instead said we will give it a root canal to remove the pain and then rix the tooth... I said ok in a confussed way, she said it was the better thing to do and gave me the injection to numb me... I went outside in the waiting room for 10 minutes to give it time to kick in... The first one didnt work

When I went back in I told her that it wasnt numb anymore... that it wore off really quicky... So she poked around for a bit and said that it should be numb... I kept saying no its not and I can feel that... She started to drill... I screamed... She broke open the first part of the tooth for the root canal and I Screamed louder and said again its really not numb... She stopped... and said "Hmmm sometimes when there is an infection the local injection wont take..." Gee this womans a genius... anyway she gave me another one and asked me to wait a while why she removed a tooth from another person.

I was in alot of pain... after all i had just had my tooth drilled and broken open without a working anasetic...

She had finished with the other paitent and called me back into the chair... she said "Is it numb..." I said "my face is but the tooth isnt..." She told me that if the face is numb then the tooth should be too... So she started again... She broke open the rest of the tooth... I kept screaming... she said that there was still a chance that it wasnt numb yet and gave me another injection... she waited a few minutes and poked the tooth and open nerve... I said I can still feel It and so she pulled out the suringe again and gave a me a 4th injection... She then started poking it around my mouth asking me if i could feel this I said no because she was poking the inside of my cheek and gum, which were all quite quite numb...

She then said that she was going to drill the root out from the tooth now and assured me that it would all be fine and the pain would stop and I wouldnt feel anything this time... I was not so easily convinced....

She started to drill... The tooth was not numb at all... She was drilling on open raw nerve... I screamed so loudly and spine chillingly that my house mate and boyfriend who were waiting outside said that it sounded like I was being tortured to death... They said that had there been anyone there even a grown man he would have painiced and run from it...

I begged her not to continue and she assured me that she was almost there and that the pain would stop and all I would have to do is take two more short drillings... God knows why i said fine... I think that I just wanted it all over with as quick as I could... So she finished and said that she could only remove part of the nerve because there was an infection in there and she couldnt go any further without hurting me... Oh sure now she's worried about that...

So she packed it with some stuff that she said would stop the pain and put on a temp filling.... She wrote out a perscription for two lots of antibiotics and I was out of there...

That night at home I was in alot of pain... I took the antibiotics and pain killers and went to sleep for what little I could... When I woke in the morning after my longest stretch of sleep I was in tears from pain already... I could barely open my mouth... I could talk but only just....

We went straight to my appointment with my dentist that I had at 9:30am... We got there and he refused to touch it... Said that there was nothing he could do because I couldnt open my mouth and that I needed to see an oral surgen to try and remove the tooth under a seditive so I could open my mouth more... So off we went again to a place across town that could squeeze me in... I got there and saw the guy straight away... He was great... He was very concerded about me as I was still crying from pain and by this stage it was getting harder to talk...

He sat me on the chair and showed me his hands, said all i have is this mirror so that I can see whats in there... He looked and said do you think if i was to touch the tooth with the mirror it would hurt? I said yes and he said he wouldnt...

He sat me up and said... now you could wait until thursday next week where i can remove it under a general at a hospital or i can do it in the chair today in 20 minutes... However I dont think that you could handle the chair and that tooth is so bad that I would feel like a moster if I was to put you through that as I can see that your already very distressed and I just want you to smile and be happy... So Ill send you to the Cabrini hospital where I am doing another dental procedure this after noon and remove it under a general as an emergency...

I was so releived.... So wel settled everything there filled out the admission forms for the hospital and off we went...

When i got there i was in even more pain... The took me through to day surgery and got me ready... after I was changed into my fasionable but showing gown, blue booties and robe I was ushered to teh waiting room for my turn.... there I waited for 4 and a bit hrs... By time i got in I could hardly swallow or breath fromt he pain... I had been unable to utter a work for 3 hrs... This made it hard telling people I was in such pain as everyone else was in the waiting room outside... I was now all alone and in pain.

At 5:30ish pm I went in and was knocked out but the best anethisist I had ever had... And operated on by the nice and caring dentist.... Its really weird i remember all that was said ask I was going out and coming out of the general...

lol and i remember them pulling the tube out of my throat That was weird...

Today.... I have 4 stitches in my mouth, where the tooth used to be... I am on 2 heavy heavey pain killers, and two atibiotics and a special medicated mouth wash.... It turns out that there was a massive absuss under the tooth... attatched to the root... The cause of all the pain... it had started infection the root and that caused the tooth to start to rot from the inside... When the first dentist from hell gave me the root canal she had basically poisoned me from the infection... which was why i was getting worse and my mouth so swallen... Ill be in pain for a little bit but nothing like i was...

So this just adds to my string of bad dentists...
1st was when i had braces... the assistant who clued them on used the rong adhesive and when they took them off a few years later It took off enamal on a few teeth...
2nd was a dentist who got kicks out of pain, and would seriously go out of his way to cause it... He was shut down a year later thank god...
3rd was a dentist who mollested me... He would always rest things on my chest and grab my breasts saying opps my mistake i thought i was grabbing my tools... NO you were just a giant tool... I can see a mistake happening but not when you grab it and do a full tit grab with the squeexing and cupping...
4th was the female russian dentist I saw thrusday night, that obviously studdied in a german war camp!

Anyway this concludes my rant... I just wanted to know if I was the only unlucky one with dentists... lol

Im all good thanks...

got a lingering blood infection still... but its not bad...

*dances around room and falls down due to dizzy feeling... hehehehehehe*

<

Cosmina you poor thing
<
. I hope things are getting better now.

My dentist goes the other way, when I just had my filling because it was near the root he gave me so much stuff I couldn't feel anything for about 4hrs.

Werbung:
Back