• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Defrosting Freezers

Snowbaby

Why is it so damned difficult to defrost the freezer? Why does it take so long to do? And why did it have to SLICE my finger open in the process???!!!
<

Anyone else love defrosting their freezer??

Werbung:
oooh I love it once I get going....I stick a bowl of boiling water inside and shut the door for 10 minutes, then I get my hairdryer and a fish slice and go wild..

It's like picking off your nail varnish - GREAT!!!

I had a compact fridge I used to have to defrost. I ended up with freezer burn a couple of times.

My freezer is worse cause the seal is busted so it never fully closes shut so ice builds up in the back though it's a frost free fridge. I build a hood over the top/side to keep the cold air in and that worked until someone bent the hood and now I have to start from scratch. I cleaned out my freezer last month to get all the ice out and now have to do it again. Seems like a repetitive waste of time.

It scares me when I see people with a hairdryer near water.
Someone once told me that after you defrost a freezer to rub Vaseline all over the back and sides then the new ice comes off much easier next time.

We had a freezer we had to defrost and it was a bear! We kept it in the garage, and I hated doing it. The ice build up was horrid. I wish I knew about putting Vaseline all over the insides. I wonder if something like Pam spray would do the same thing? When our freezer died, (it was very old, we bought it used many moons ago), I went with a frost free freezer. The guy at the store tried and tried to talk me out of getting a frost free freezer and get a regular one. I stuck to my guns and got what I wanted. We rotate our food, and since our kids are going through growing stages every other week, we do not keep food in there long enough to go bad!

I'll remember the tip about vaseline as I am about to defrost my freezer in the upcoming 2 weeks (not sure when yet, but sometime soon).
It's a task I willingly keep pushing ahead of me, lol! A frost free freezer sounds great. It saves a lot of time and stress not having to defrost.

Gah...it's a pain trying to defrost our freezer. I hated having to haul everything out of there (the thing is always full because my mom is always stocking up). It's a pretty tiring process and I can't lag around or the meats and other foodstuff will thaw out. Luckily, I only do this once or twice a year.

Werbung:
I have two types of fridge. One is the old fridge that requires defrosting of the freezer. The other is the frost free fridge. I don't have to defrost the freezer of my frost free fridge. But the other freezer needs defrosting every now and then. What I do is I would take out all the stuff in the fridge and put it in my frost free fridge and I would switch off the power to the fridge and let it sit until all the ice melt.

Back