• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Dealing with PMS?

Quirky Jessi

How do you deal with the headaches, backaches, cramps, and/or mood swings that are common for so many girls right before their periods?

Do you take any pain killers or try to isolate yourself when you're grouchy, or just ignore it and hope nobody else notices that you don't sound like yourself?

Werbung:
I do all the above, but it's hard when you have go into work at a job that require you to be smiling and friendly.

I don't have to deal with headaches nor any other physical problems but I have awful mood swings. They're so terrible, I'm angry without any reason, everything annoys me. I always warn my boyfriend that I'll have them soon - so he knows why I'm turning into this crazy, grumpy person. Fortunately he is very patient with me and very forgiving.

Right before??? lol... I wish. I have PMDD. I get very severe symptoms that last for WEEKS. Once I ovulate, it's over. I'm in hell until I get my period usually two weeks later. I have no idea how to deal with it, honestly. Birth control pills made me horrible sick with worse PMS-like symptoms that lasted the entire month. No diet/natural remedies have ever worked for me either. I can't even hold a normal job because of it.

I am so very blessed to not have an PMS problems. No cramps, mood swings, headaches, etc. I'm not sure how I got off easy, but I am grateful.

Right before??? lol... I wish. I have PMDD. I get very severe symptoms that last for WEEKS. Once I ovulate, it's over. I'm in hell until I get my period usually two weeks later. I have no idea how to deal with it, honestly. Birth control pills made me horrible sick with worse PMS-like symptoms that lasted the entire month. No diet/natural remedies have ever worked for me either. I can't even hold a normal job because of it.

This sounds really awful, I feel very sorry for you:( . Have you consulted other doctors for this problem? My mood swings usually start 4 or 3 days before period and then they're over so dealing with them isn't very difficult.

I tend to isolate myself where possible. I also pamper myself and am just extra gentle with myself. I tend to get magazines and chocolate and hibernate with a hot water bottle for the cramps. Warm tea also helps as well as a comfortably soft blanket.

I used to get pretty bad PMS when I was on the contraceptive pill. For at least five days before my period I was having mood swings, tantrums, tears - general instability. Not good. However, since I stopped taking the pill they have dissipated completely. Thank goodness!

Werbung:
I have only recently started with the mood swings. It doesn't happen all the time either so I am wondering if it has to do with food or something. I don't get regular cramps anymore since having my tubes tied. I do get achy legs sometimes (almost like I have no circulation in them sometimes), but not often do I get normal menstrual cramps.

The mood swings have been over the last couple years and are not every month. But I have times that I just seem to argue with anybody about anything. At least I don't get that every month!

Back