• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Cross Stitch

thistle

Anyone else spend hours stitching teeny weeny crosses onto canvas to make pretty piccies? pssssssssssssst 'fess up snowy
<

I haven't picked up a needle in over a year but I've decided to get back into it as I have the biggest collection of silks outside a craft shop lol............and they all arranged in order on wee bobbins and look so pretty (hint for subby.......NEVER touch my silks cos I get cross when people mess up the order).

However, I've just reminded myself why I never used to buy kits for my piccies. I just got one thru the post from ebay and OMG ! I forgot that when you get a kit all the threads come in a yukky tangled heap that you have to sift through and second guess which of the 3 shades of blue is "light blue" and which is "cornflower blue"etc etc. It's taken me 2 hours !!! just to sort them all out and that is with the help of my existing (beautifully ordered
<
) collection to cross reference the shade numbers.............how someone is supposed to work it out by guessing is beyond me. So from now on it's back to buying charts only for me.........maybe more hassle to buy the canvas and silks separately but so much less stressful.

and just so you know............here's the kind of piccie I like doing (this is NOT one of mine altho I have completed this one and it's in my mummies hallway)

Werbung:
Doh I missed this topic!

I LOVE X-stitching!!!!!! I just did one and sent it to our member Tess as she's been poorly. She got it this morning bless her
<

I'm currently doing this one:

Werbung:
Wow! I learned how to cross stitch (if that's the same as needle point) when I was little...I love the results but I dont have the patience for it. My mom made me
<

edit-> my mom and aunties do beautiful work tho.

Back