• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Complete Bs

jmg86

So I'm on this other "all girl" forum, and there's a dicussion center where you can talk about your opinions of contraversial topics. Well, I went under the abortion topic, gave my opinion that I'm okay with abortion as long as it's in the first 3 or so weeks. I completely, completely understand that most people would disagree, and that's totally okay, I expect them to, but one girl said I was heartless for thinking that way. I understand that she may not agree, or think my beliefs are morally correct, but to say I'm heartless, I think that's pushing it. It's like you can't even speak your opinion without someone labeling you, and it wasn't just one, it's most of the girls.

What's interesting is, the form has rules, and in them is to respect all women, and their beliefs. I don't feel like that's excerised in the Forum. Apparently, the rules should read, "If you do not agree with a woman and her beliefs, disrepect her."

To make things more interesting, I was banned from the forum because "I can't handle other people's opinions." I never once had a problem with how they felt about the topic of abortion, I do, however, have a problem with referring to those who don't agree with you as heartless, because in that situation, you're attacking the person, not the argument.

BTW... I know you're here :) enjoy!!!!

Werbung:
Firstly, I would like to say, if the owner/member(s) of said other forum are members here, I would appreciate if you didn't take the arguing onto this site. I think that's fair?

However, I have absolutely nothing against anyone putting their opinion on the boards here for discussion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as you say, we have to respect that other people may have different feelings than we do.

We do have a section called Burning Issues, feel free to start any threads in there about subjects you think might be debated. There are a few topics in there already :)

damn...that is messed up...I got banned for for voicing my own opinions on an Anne Rice Queen Of The Damned forum before and also on FEARnet chat (well that wz for different reasons *LOL*)...but needless to say...that is messed up and yes it is total BS as I too was a victim of such BS on another forum a few years ago...that is totally unfair and not rite...

I always say is their lost if they banned you cuz they can't handle the cold hard truth of someone's elses personal opinions on such a fragile topic and if they feel so strongly about others opinions than maybe they should not have such forums about such controversial issues if they goin to be so childish and petty about others personal opinions who can't handle what others think or what they gotta say...

I have also been banned from my share of forums for stating my opinions on things. People are too quick to push that all famous little red button. I myself sometimes like to watch serious debates on things like that, and also will hop in them myself. To me, having a serious discussion on something will show people's intelligence. And to ban someone for doing just that also shows therein.

I vowed not to ban people for expressing their opinions. Everyone has them and there is nothing that can be done to change that. And shouldnt. We were born to think different for a reason.

If they banned you for that, then the place probably could not be that worth visiting.

Just my opinion.

I don't think it would be right to comment on how other forums manage their members, their forum.their rules.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on GP ........ even those people who have joined solely as part of a "tag team" who are intent of joining as many forums as possible and causing havoc among them.

GP is meant to be fun so by all means have yours ........ I personally am having just as much fun reading YOUR forum and marvelling at how people can be so amused by posting drivel on the internet.

Bored anyone?

:)

Werbung:
LOL true.

It is easier to do that than in RL though. Causing crap on the internet (not serious crap...) basically does not get you into serious trouble personally unless you start doing something illegal.

I have known my share of people who like to start things online because they have no other venting point (some of my family lol)

To each their own I guess lmao

Back