• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Can Men and Women be "Just Friends"

Yes it is possible. Why? Because I too have had male friends before whom I became really close to with no physical attractions at all. I still believe that not all men out there make friends with girls because they have a hidden agenda or something. I never made friends with my exes though, so they really suck after the breakup.:mad:

Werbung:
I think it's possible for women to be platonic friends with men, but I won't speak to men being able to be platonic friends with women. I have a man with whom I'm a friend. I feel nothing sexually for him, but I can't say it's the same for him. I also have an ex with whom I'm friends. I think that we're beyond the "being sexually attracted" to each other stage or even the "being angry with each other" stage.

My very best friend is a guy. He's a really awesome man. I can't imagine my life without him. And, no i'm not involved in a relationship with him but he is VERY close to my heart.

Based on my experience, yes it is possible. :)

Back in high school, most of my friends were guys because I was a little boyish back then and I was comfortable with them. 5 years after, I worked as a singer in a band which members were mostly guys. I had some boyfriends that I worked with, but I was plainly friends with most of my guy band mates. In fact, I was friends with their girlfriends or wives. I strongly believe that women and men could be "just friends". :D

If you are asking if you can ever be friends with an ex, the answer really depends!

In most cases, however, it doesn't work out. Or at least in what I have seen happen to my friends. They usually just don't get along at all after a break up, especially if it's a messy one.

It's possible for a man and woman to be friends. Even one of my best friends is a male, and we never have problems. If you're talking about former lovers though, it will depend. Two of my ex boyfriends are my good friends until now, and we've all moved on and forgot about everything that happened.

Yes I think so. I have been friends with some of my guy friends. I think that it just depends on the two people that are involved in everything. I do have to say that in some cases you may see that it won't work, because if one is obsessed with the other then it will not work out so well it will just cause problems. Yeah in some cases you can be just friends, but in other cases you may not be able to handle that at all. I never had that problem with any guy friends, because I always laid down the line when it came to certain aspects.

I think it depends on how the man and woman meet. If it's from work, I think it's possible for them to remain just friends but if they meet outside of a formal situation, there may be some expectations from either one of them. One may just want to be friends while the other may expect more than that.

I agree it is very possible for a man and a woman to just be friends. My best friend is a man. We have been friends for around 6 years now. When we have issues or need somebody to vent to we call each other. We hang out together and drink. Never has either of us tried to come on to the other.

One of my best friends is a guy, and no hes not gay. His name is John, and we have been friends since high school. We never dated, made out, hooked up or anything. He and I are simply just friends with no past of a relationship. He's like my brother, and i'm like his sister. My fiance doesn't care that my best friend is male. He knows John and knows that he is a good guy. My fiance as female friends and I don't worry. I think guys and girls can be friends without anything more. It depends on the "trust" level you have in your relationship too.

I don't think it's possible. If you are friends with them then something of them obviously attracts you. It might just be their personality but one day that might be the reason you just do something stupid and end up sleeping with them on a drunk night.

From my experience men and women can be friends, but usually one person like the other more. But it is possible

I think it's possible to be friends with the opposite sex - as long as it's not a very close friendship. I don't get along with women too well, I have many male friends and I know I don't have any romantic feelings towards them - they're just friends, nothing more.

Yes, I believe men and women can be friends, and both of them can be straight. (I have a couple of gay male friends, and I don't think anyone would question those friendships). Granted, most of my straight male friends are from work, and if we do hang out together outside of work, it's always in a group. We have chatted one on one over the phone or online occasionally though. My husband has met them and is aware of them, and he doesn't seem to have a problem with it. He has a few female friends as well, so it balances out.

Werbung:
I think it's possible for men and women to be friends. I used to think it was rare I do have a few males friends and they are gay. ;) My sister has an array of male friends who are not gay. She friendships made me change my mind about the subject.

Back