• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Breast Reduction

Sarah C.

ANyone ever had one? I need one!!! I am tired of carrying these big girls around everywhere. They are 42 DDD and I am over it!!!

Werbung:
Well, I have the opposite problem. I have them pretty small. Not too small so that I look weird, but not big either. While many of us might think you're crazy to do this (since most would like bigger breasts), if you're no longer comfortable with them (which seems to be the case), I wouldn't wait much longer. I'd look around for a good surgeon, go to a consult and go for it. Larger breasts are always cool, but not when they are becoming a source of discomfort.

When I was younger my mom told me I could get one when I was older. Mine seemed to be growing at a very fast rate at the time. Now that I am older, they fit my body. So I have not found it necessary to get a reduction. I don't mind my size now.

Mine aren't that big but they are bigger than I woudl like. Mine are a 38 D and I woudl prefer if they were more like a 34 B. I'd do the surgery in a heart beat if I could afford it.

If I had the money I would be down there tomorrow! lol - I envy women with smaller breast. I know a lot of them want to enlarge them, but I would be glad to take their place! I guess we want what we do not have. But in my case, it is really a burden. My large breasts cause back pain and headaches.

Yes, I had breast reduction at 42 DD. I was down to 36C......It was good while it lasted. I ddidn;t even need to wear a bra the first year! They were that perky.. Guess what 12 years later, they grew back! Thats right they grew back! I am 42 DD again. I guess if we were destined for big boobs, we just have to live with it.

ANyone ever had one? I need one!!! I am tired of carrying these big girls around everywhere. They are 42 DDD and I am over it!!!

I'm the same size! I'm hoping that when I lose weight, they will shrink a bit. I don't have any back pain or anything like that though. It's depressing going bra shopping because I always have to order my bras. I also don't like underwire.

I have thought about getting a lift. Gravity is starting to take it's toll. They aren't drooping down to my belly, but it's starting to happen.

Yes, I had breast reduction at 42 DD. I was down to 36C......It was good while it lasted. I ddidn;t even need to wear a bra the first year! They were that perky.. Guess what 12 years later, they grew back! Thats right they grew back! I am 42 DD again. I guess if we were destined for big boobs, we just have to live with it.

Wow! It does seems that for some, big boobs are destiny.

I don't have that problem at all. Mine are way too small. I wish that I was little bigger. Too bad we can't be happy with what we have. We all seem to want a different size. Those that have large ones, wish that they were smaller and those of us that are smaller wish that we were larger.

No I haven't needed to. I am comfortable with my size, they are not big but that is all good. I used to wish they were bigger but now I am happy with them the way they are.
Will health insurance cover it since they are causing medical problems? I can see health insurance not wanting to pay for implants, but reductions are usually done for a reason more then cosmetic.

Did you gain weight in that 12 year period to cause them to get larger? I have heard that if you have a breast reduction, then gain weight, your breast will get larger. I think I am at a stable weight, after losing 50 pounds, so I was thinking now would be a good time to have the reduction.

Last Oct. for medical reasons I had a BR.

I was a 34FF and was constantly suffering with the most dreadful back/neck pains, even though I was having my bras custom made.

It was ascertained that I had three collapsed discs in my lower spine, as well as having four extremely thin discs in my neck.

It was explained to me that I could well have been born with these conditions, but with the huge amount of weight I was carrying on my chest area, it certainly didn't help matters at all.

I decided, with the surgeons advice, to have them reduced to a 34C, as later in life should I hopefully find myself pregnant, they could/would increase again to a size that I will be able to cope with.

In having the reduction, the surgeon removed almost 16lb in total!......No wonder I was in so much pain.

Although my back/neck conditions will never improve, the pain and discomfort has been great diminished.......I guess as the saying goes "No Pain, No Gain".

Last Oct. for medical reasons I had a BR.

I was a 34FF and was constantly suffering with the most dreadful back/neck pains, even though I was having my bras custom made.

It was ascertained that I had three collapsed discs in my lower spine, as well as having four extremely thin discs in my neck.

It was explained to me that I could well have been born with these conditions, but with the huge amount of weight I was carrying on my chest area, it certainly didn't help matters at all.

I decided, with the surgeons advice, to have them reduced to a 34C, as later in life should I hopefully find myself pregnant, they could/would increase again to a size that I will be able to cope with.

In having the reduction, the surgeon removed almost 16lb in total!......No wonder I was in so much pain.

Although my back/neck conditions will never improve, the pain and discomfort has been great diminished.......I guess as the saying goes "No Pain, No Gain".

What a great story you have! Thanks for posting it. I really want to have a breast reduction and my goal is to have it done within 2 years. I can already imagine how nice it will be to not be carrying all of this weight around! How long did it take you to recover after the surgery?

What a great story you have! Thanks for posting it. I really want to have a breast reduction and my goal is to have it done within 2 years. I can already imagine how nice it will be to not be carrying all of this weight around! How long did it take you to recover after the surgery?

You are so welcome, after all what are we all here for.

Firstly please, please do all your research in finding the very best hospital/clinic and naturally the most highly recommended surgeon, one who not only listens intently to your requests/requirements, but one who also makes very sensible suggestions......I first of all thought I would like to go down to perhaps a DD or D cup, but on my surgeons advice, telling me that has been known for breasts to grow back to their original size (very rare, but it has happened), or if and when I hopefully ever become pregnant, naturally they would/will get bigger. He recommended that I should perhaps consider going for a C cup, as then, if for whatever reason they did start getting larger, they would hopefully only get to size that I could still comfortably carry.

Sarah, I would like to very strongly urge you to give it your undivided attention in contemplating having this surgery.....Not that I am trying to put you off in any shape, form or fashion.

It is after all major surgery (I was told mine took just over 3 1/2 hrs) and it is, or rather was for me anyway, very, very uncomfortable for some considerable time afterwards.

Not only do you have your breasts reduced, but you then have to have your areola/nipples repositioned as well....This alone for me, has been most painful, as well as the scarring under my boobs and around into my cleavage......The sensitivity in my nipples still hasn't returned (a small price to pay to be honest) and may never do so.

For me I also had to wear a surgical bra for six weeks after....Not the prettiest or most comfortable thing either.

That's the horror picture painted.....I do hope I haven't put you off completely.....I cannot stress enough that it has been the very best thing I have ever done in my life (so far that is....I'd like to think that my wedding day, and the day if am really fortunate enough to give birth, will beat this hands down)...Like the old saying "No Pain, No Gain"

Now, on the plus side.

I guess it took me about 8-10 weeks to start really feeling human again (please remember though, we are all different), but where I was extremely lucky was that straight after my surgery and being released (not discharged, as this will happen at the end of this month) I was whisked away by both my Mother and future Mum in law and sister in law to a wonderful health farm for the first two weeks to recuperate, which help enormously.

And so to present date.

As I mentioned above, at the end of this month I finally get discharge (fingers crossed) from my wonderful surgeon who has transformed my life completely.

Obviously I still have the scarring, and my boobs are still somewhat tender and sore, but ever day is just a better day. And now with summer on its way, I will at long last be able to wear a bikini again....And do some topless bathing in our garden!....Only to help heal, and tan the scars you understand! lol

My general health, my well being and my level of confidence has improved more so than I could ever explain here.....I do hope you understand what I mean.

Finally of course there is the little subject of shopping.....Bra & Clothes shopping that is!.....It is just so bliss and delightful in having such a wonderful selection of really lovely, pretty bras in my size, off the shelf and in the store!....And as for clothes well, at long, long last I can now get tops, dresses etc that fit perfectly, and not having to get things that looked like I was wearing a tent or hanged off my bust like a drape.

Am so sorry this has been a long lengthy post.....I just hope very much that this will be, or has been of some help to you Sarah, and indeed to any other woman contemplating having a BR.

Oh, I forget to mention....For the first time in years I am able to look down and actually see my feet, and not some huge shelf sticking out in front of me. :)

Werbung:
You are so welcome, after all what are we all here for.

Firstly please, please do all your research in finding the very best hospital/clinic and naturally the most highly recommended surgeon, one who not only listens intently to your requests/requirements, but one who also makes very sensible suggestions......I first of all thought I would like to go down to perhaps a DD or D cup, but on my surgeons advice, telling me that has been known for breasts to grow back to their original size (very rare, but it has happened), or if and when I hopefully ever become pregnant, naturally they would/will get bigger. He recommended that I should perhaps consider going for a C cup, as then, if for whatever reason they did start getting larger, they would hopefully only get to size that I could still comfortably carry.

Sarah, I would like to very strongly urge you to give it your undivided attention in contemplating having this surgery.....Not that I am trying to put you off in any shape, form or fashion.

It is after all major surgery (I was told mine took just over 3 1/2 hrs) and it is, or rather was for me anyway, very, very uncomfortable for some considerable time afterwards.

Not only do you have your breasts reduced, but you then have to have your areola/nipples repositioned as well....This alone for me, has been most painful, as well as the scarring under my boobs and around into my cleavage......The sensitivity in my nipples still hasn't returned (a small price to pay to be honest) and may never do so.

For me I also had to wear a surgical bra for six weeks after....Not the prettiest or most comfortable thing either.

That's the horror picture painted.....I do hope I haven't put you off completely.....I cannot stress enough that it has been the very best thing I have ever done in my life (so far that is....I'd like to think that my wedding day, and the day if am really fortunate enough to give birth, will beat this hands down)...Like the old saying "No Pain, No Gain"

Now, on the plus side.

I guess it took me about 8-10 weeks to start really feeling human again (please remember though, we are all different), but where I was extremely lucky was that straight after my surgery and being released (not discharged, as this will happen at the end of this month) I was whisked away by both my Mother and future Mum in law and sister in law to a wonderful health farm for the first two weeks to recuperate, which help enormously.

And so to present date.

As I mentioned above, at the end of this month I finally get discharge (fingers crossed) from my wonderful surgeon who has transformed my life completely.

Obviously I still have the scarring, and my boobs are still somewhat tender and sore, but ever day is just a better day. And now with summer on its way, I will at long last be able to wear a bikini again....And do some topless bathing in our garden!....Only to help heal, and tan the scars you understand! lol

My general health, my well being and my level of confidence has improved more so than I could ever explain here.....I do hope you understand what I mean.

Finally of course there is the little subject of shopping.....Bra & Clothes shopping that is!.....It is just so bliss and delightful in having such a wonderful selection of really lovely, pretty bras in my size, off the shelf and in the store!....And as for clothes well, at long, long last I can now get tops, dresses etc that fit perfectly, and not having to get things that looked like I was wearing a tent or hanged off my bust like a drape.

Am so sorry this has been a long lengthy post.....I just hope very much that this will be, or has been of some help to you Sarah, and indeed to any other woman contemplating having a BR.

Oh, I forget to mention....For the first time in years I am able to look down and actually see my feet, and not some huge shelf sticking out in front of me. :)

Kaye, thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I really appreciate your taking the time to give me such an informative account. I know there will be pain and discomfort, but that does not scare me off as I believe the outcome will be worth it! I would also like to be able to look down and see my feet!!! lol It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful people around you for support! Take care, and thanks!

Back