• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Black Friday/Late Thanksgiving

fancyfingers

Is anyone upset with stores opening at midnight for Black Friday? Seriously? I refuse to be out in the middle of the night, in possible rain after a long day of cooking and playing with the family. I thought 6am was a great time for stores to open up their doors, then they inched the hours back to 5, then 4. I quit going right away to any stores with the hours opening any earlier than 6am. I try to purchase items online instead. I see stores are open on Thanksgiving day, with K-Mart starting that years ago. I hope retailers push the time back to 6am next Thanksgiving.
How many are stopping by the stores on their way home from Thanksgiving (like the retailers said customers asked for it)?

Werbung:
I hate the crowds on a regular shopping day so I stayed the hell away from Black Friday lol...honestly it is more hype than anything...sure you might be able to snag some great deals but unless you're there first thing when the stores open (and like you said, some open at freakin' midnight) then whatever you need is probably going to be sold out. Plus, a lot of the time you can find the same exact deals online. A friend of mine did ALL her shopping online this year AND got free shipping so she actually saved money because she didn't have to pay shipping or drive all the way to a store (which is a long drive where I live lol).

This is the exact reason I prefer to just shop online or by phone with a catalog. Really, its just not worth all that hassle. Why wear yourself out if you don't have to? Unless you really enjoy the crowds of rude people.

Werbung:
I don't celebrate Thanksgiving so it's not really a problem for me to do Black Thursday but I can understand how it would be frustrating. Thanksgiving is supposed to be a day for family, fun and relaxing not waiting in line for hours and being pushed around. I enjoy the shopping in person but I think next year I might try online shopping as well.

Back