• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Bi-Curious........

Lugia

I have a problem. I think I might be bisexual. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think I am. The biggest problem is that I'm scared to come out of the closet because my mom might be mad...

Werbung:
Well, there's no need to come out of the closet before you're ready to do so. And I'd say you're definitely not ready when you still haven't made up your mind about your sexuality. You don't need to report to anyone or get anyone's approval. Just do what feels right to you. You can try joining a gay&lesbian group in your area to recieve support and meet people who struggle with the same issues as you. Take your time, there is no rush!

I agree with ShiraGin,
Coming out of the closet when you not sure or ready is counter productive. There is a site for bisexual women called shybi.com. Its a great little site for women who are exploring there sexuality and arent a 100% sure.

It took me a while to figure out my sexuality despite coming out when I was 13. I am 22 now and I have a semi sense of self when it comes to knowing who I like.

Also there is nothing to be ashamed of.

First of all, I don't think you should look at it as a "problem" but rather more of a new chapter in your life that you haven't fully read yet. You have absolutely no obligation to come out to your mother or anyone else for that matter now, or at any time before you feel completely comfortable and ready to. In the meantime, try to relax and explore these new feelings of yours.

I think that everyone goes through a bi-curious stage in their lives. Heck, I went through one in high school. I eventually made my decision, but I think it is just a phase that we all have to go through for self discovery purposes. You should do whatever makes you feel comfortable. If you want to explore, then don't stop yourself. You wouldn't want to look back wishing that you had tried.

Your mother won't be mad don't worry
But you need to decide your sexuality before you tell your mother, because she may think you're mucking around if you say one thing, then change it.
By this I don't mean decide men or women, decide your sexuality as in are you bisexual? Or straight or gay?

In my humble opinion, sexuality is fluid. It is never constant.
One's sexual orientation changes. Some whom I know are straight are currently living with their partners, while my homosexual friends are happily married now. :D
It's a matter of one's options and upbringing as well as one's environment. Personally I DON'T think it's immoral in any way. :)

I think at one point we become bi sexuals. :p I may be the same for all I know. I mean, I've had girlfriends before and had boyfriends too.. :) But I don't really think of myself bi sexual. Just curious. ;)

May I know how old are you? Because I noticed there is a certain point in man's life were confusion come in. In what point why you think that you are bisexual? If you are sure about it, don't be afraid to tell it to your mom, she will be the first one who needs to know about it and she will surely understand you. God bless.

Werbung:
Don't feel bad about having feelings for girls and guys, a lot of girls do as they go through life! There's also no rush to tell your parents, especially if you aren't sure! I starting thinking I might not be straight when I was 10! I came out to my friends in grade 9 (~14 years old) and eventually came fully out to my family just 3 years ago. There is no rush, just take it slow and analyze your feelings. It will all make sense eventually, so relax.

Get to know a few people who are either gay, lesbian, or bisexual, they are often willing to help others analyze their feelings for either gender. Even if it turns out that you aren't bisexual, you may make a bunch of new friends! Good luck, and don't worry about it, it will all work out in the end. :)

Back