1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Banana & Apricot Loaf

Discussion in 'Household, Hobbies & Pets' started by Snowbaby, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

I just made this, thinking it would be a nice healthy intake of fibre.... Only thing is I had no idea what "JS high fibre bran" was so I subsituted that with Kelloggs All Bran cereal :lol: And I wasn't sure what type of apricots to use - but used dried ones chopped up.

link

OMG it's good!!! Even hubby liked it :blink: Considering what's in it, I thought he'd gag at the thought of it, he said "mmmmm I'll be having more of that later" :eek:

Healthy for the kiddos too!

2. Orrymain

Orrymain Member

I love banana bread but never considered adding apricots to the mix.

3. I like Kelloggs Raisin Crunch. Never tried their All Bran variety though. I like banana bread, very tasty. Never been a big fan of apricots though. Maybe I could substitute dates or raisins or both and add walnuts.

4. mommymumbles

mommymumbles Member

This sounds like it would be perfect with a morning cup of coffee. Very healthy too with fiber and fruit in it. I like some kind of bread/muffin in the morning but anything too sugary first thing gives me a stomachache. So this sounds perfect. Thanks for the link, I will be testing this one out.

5. Marie1

Marie1 New Member

This sounds delicious; it reminds me of a recipe I make all the time:
    Banana and Apricot Flapjack.
    >> Recipe <<

I tend to use only agave syrup, and skip the golden Syrup as well as using Pure Dairy Free Spread. This makes it much healthier, suitable for vegans, has a low GI index, contains no added sugar and is low in fat. But most importantly, it's absolutely delicious. :D

Thought I'd share, but I'll definitely be trying the bread, too. Bananas and apricots are my two favourite ingredients when baking. :)