• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Avacado, Avacado... Why Do You Taste So Bad?

Snowbaby

Anyone ever eat avacado? And if so, what do you do with it??

I so wanna eat them cos they're really good for you, but OMG it's not the tastiest
<

How do you eat yours?
<
I really need some kinda of recipe ideas please!!

Werbung:
I love avocado... I can eat it raw, it's sooo good! Maybe it tastes bad for you because it's not ripe yet? The outside needs to be dark and fairly soft.

I usually put mine in toasted sandwiches with tomatoes and cucumber... mmmm.

I have a nice ripe avocado waiting for me right now.
<

Yuk I hate the stuff, I put it in the same category as Courgettes and liver
<

However .....one of my friends swear they taste lovely with prawns......I'll leave it to other people to decide

I think that's where I went wrong tilly, it's hard on outside. I got 2 though, I'm gonna try your toastie recipe once it softens!

Yep... I find it's better to leave it by the window until it's ripe. It needs to be almost black on the outside and it needs to feel kind of squishy... avocado is supposed to have a creamy texture.

On that note, I got overly eager for my avocado and opened it when it wasn't ripe yet. So I'm still craving it!
<

Well, I went to have the other one last night... it was soft, easy to take the skin off, and was creamy. But OMG it was disgusting.... I guess I just don't like avacado
<
I tried though!

Tilly, do you just eat it out of the skin or do you eat it with something??

I don't like eating it out of the skin... I just peel it and then slice or dice it, depending on how I'm eating it. If I'm eating it raw I'll dice it and put it in a bowl, grab a fork and just eat.
<

But I really, really enjoy the taste of it.

Not everyone likes avocado though, so it's no biggie if you don't like it. Try guacamole like Dot suggested, and just spread it on a sandwich or dip pita or tortilla chips in it.
<

I think it's an "acquired taste". Hubby said it turned his stomach and was *bleeping* gross, I told him he best get used to it, cos it'l be one of our baby's first foods
<
Don't think he liked th thought of having to prepare and feed it to a baby!

Thank Goodness I am not the only one who thinks they taste awful!

About two years ago I saw an Avacado for the first time...sad, I know lol. I was looking for a fruit to replace my pomegranate since they wasn't in season no more. I bit into it and had to throw up lol. I'll never eat an avacado again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chantilly @ Jul 30 2007, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't like eating it out of the skin... I just peel it and then slice or dice it, depending on how I'm eating it. If I'm eating it raw I'll dice it and put it in a bowl, grab a fork and just eat.
<

But I really, really enjoy the taste of it.

Not everyone likes avocado though, so it's no biggie if you don't like it. Try guacamole like Dot suggested, and just spread it on a sandwich or dip pita or tortilla chips in it.
<
[/b]

I agree. I absolutely love it any way you can serve it!
<

Werbung:
Back