• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Are You Tired of Second Hand Smoke?

angelle

I do not smoke nor have I ever tried it. But somehow I am always surrounded by people who smoke ciggarettes and it's starting to get to me. I have a really bad cough now and chest pain. I can't wait to move out and get my own place soon. Living with people is a tragedy because you can't control what they do.

Do any of you have issues with second hand smoke? I can't stand it.

Werbung:
It's not an issue for me because when I'm around family members who smoke, they go outside for it, and always have, so I've been lucky with that. That's one thing...

The other thing is that until 9 years ago, I smoked, too... and I have to say that walking into a room with smokers now is a very odd feeling. It's as if the addiction never went away because it gets into my lungs and causes that same "burning" as when I smoked. I hate that feeling but if it's still going on after all this time, it will probably always be that way, unfortunately.

Yes, that is unfortuantely and unfair that you have quite smoking 9 years ago and have to relive you habbit or addiction when others smoke around you - it'sinsenstive but I guess we all have to deal with it. Also, I wish that my family would go outside and smoke; life would be so much better. Well, kind of. :)

I hate the smell of cigarettes too, I find it absolutely disgusting. I don't want my hair or my clothes to smell like this. I want to breathe fresh air! This is why I always ask people not to smoke around me. I'm pretty sure it doesn't surprise anyone. After all, everyone knows how unhealthy cigarettes are.
I feel very sorry for you, Angelle, it must be awful to live with smokers!:( I hope you'll be able to move out to your own place soon.

Maybe I shouldn't be afraid to say "Hey, do you mind not smoking around me." I think I will try that. And thanks, I hope I can move out sooner rather than later.

The only person I know who smokes is my maternal grandmother, who smokes like a train and has a serious addiction. I can't stand the smell (even if she smokes outside, she reeks of it) and it also sets off my asthma. :( Thankfully smoking is becoming less and less common in society.

Oh that's horrible. I hate smoking, the smell of it makes me feel a bit queasy. And I hate it when my clothes smell of smoke too. I will never understand why people even try smoking in this modern day. Because we know all the facts and it doesn't do anything good for a person.

I too am trying to move out of my house and in on my own, I just hope you get there soon!

I absolutely agree with you. However I was born in raised in Chicago and second hand smoke is something you get used to. If you don't like it then walk away from the people who are smoking or ask them to stop blowing it in your face. It's very simple. I smoke and am not at all proud of it, however I am very annoyed anytime a girl out here in LA gives me a dirty look for smoking a cigarette. In life you will not like or agree with everything, and your friend circle will grow smaller and smaller if you criticize others for their filthy habits. Overall, I am very happy that more and more people feel this way. The less people who smoking cigarettes, the healthier this world will be.

Yeah, fortunately the people in the place where I'll be living for a while can't smoke indoors. They never do it, even if they could, because they know that'd be extremely rude and selfish of them. I feel for you for having to deal with people like that on a daily basis, it's even more tough when they are relatives :(

I'm asthmatic so I have zero tolerance when it comes to smoking. The cigarette smoke is so strong the clothes of someone who was smoking outside reek of that awful smoke! Gross! So unhealthy, but a lot people can't seem to be able to quit that nasty habit.

Sadly, I smoke, but when I do smoke I smoke away from people, so they won't get second hand smoke. I really hate how some people smoke too close to others faces.

The smell of smoke makes me cough horrendously, I hate it so much. Some members of my family smoke and every time they do my brows raise and I end up turning my heel in the opposite direction. Sometimes I'm caught inside the wildfire and end up just trying not to breathe until I'm out of it. lol. I won't go up to someone and tell them they are disgusting or its bad for their health/whatever as I'm pretty sure 100% of the time people who smoke know what they are doing to themselves but choose to do so to get out of x situation they are in. Or just do it to calm themselves down.

All I know is if I see someone smoking I'll try to abort mission and go another way lol.

Werbung:
If I'm drinking with friends, second-hand smoke doesn't tend to bother me so much - unless it is really in my face. Then I wave it away, because that shit's nasty!

Back