• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Are You Happy You Had Children?

Lilly81

This is a question that I have been asking people lately who have children. Some have said yes and they would not change anything. However, some have said that if they had known how much it was going to change their lives they would not have had any children.

I am on the fence on this subject and have been for a while now. I am 30 years old but at the moment feel no desperate need to have a baby. My life is a little upside down at the moment so this could have something to do with it. I know that there are pros and cons for both sides of having children and it all comes down to each individual. I just do not know if I am made for parenting or not.

I know that some people do not plan their pregnancies, they just happen and if that happened to me I would accept it and be happy. But to sit down with your partner and say "we are going to try for a baby" this is a huge thing to do. It does scare me a little as well having someone else that depends on you so much, maybe this is another reason I am on the fence.

Also, when you have children not only does your money rush out of the door faster than you make it, your time is not your own anymore as well. How do you go from having all your time for yourself, to having all your life be about children. I worked with a woman a few years ago who said this to me. She loved her life before she had her daughter and she said it was more work than she could have ever imagined.

Are you glad you had your children or if you are really honest was it too big a change from the way you liked your life before?

Werbung:
I just do not know if I am made for parenting or not.
Having children is one of those things in life that you won't know for sure if you have it to do it successfully until you try it. You won't know if you're made for parenting until you're a parent. When you carry the child in your womb for nine months and fight for your life during labor only then will you appreciate your child. And the first time you hold your child in your arms, the love will come naturally.

I'm glad I have my children and I won't change a thing. They are the source of my joy. Every time my daughters hug me and tell me they love me, that's the highlight of my day. I love having them and I would do anything for them and I would die if I were to lose any of them.

I have one child, a daugher that is 15, I adopted her as I was unable to have children. I feel very thankful to have her in my life, and I would not change it! I do think, if you are unsure, don't push it. Not everyone has to have childen to lead a full life. I think you will know positively that you want a child, and you seem unsure.

Werbung:
I am quite happy with my girls. Tho they fight and drive me crazy sometimes, I miss them when they go for a sleepover for the night. Parenting is for some and not for others. Some people choose to never have kids, I know a few people who chose not to and are quite happy with their lives. I was worried that I wouldn't be ready for it when I became pregnant with my older daughter, but after she was born it all worked out. People helped me with questions and there are a lot of resources for parents.
Having my kids did change my life but in my opinion, it changed for the better.

Back