• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Am I normal?

SarahLizzie

About a year and a half ago I lost about 90 pounds, it was in an extremely unhealthy manner, but it was still weight loss. The last place I worked ran me so ragged, and stressed me out so much that I barely ate for almost a year and a half. Well now when I look in the mirror, I have days where I am thrilled with my body because I have never been so thin in my life! then I have other days that when I look in the mirror I feel so disgusted and feel like I need to not only tone up my body but I feel as though I need to lost at least 30 more pounds, which I know is crazy for my height would put me on the lower end of the scale for where I should be in terms of normal weight range.

My fiancé loved me before I lost weight, and he is thrilled with my body now. He says he doesn't need me to change anything he loves everything about me, and he shows it over and over and over. Yet I still have days more frequently where I feel so disgusted with my body. Is this normal?

Werbung:
Yes, you are normal but seeing your body that way is not. In fact, you should probably speak to your doctor. What you are describing sounds a lot like the psychology behind certain body/mental health complications.

It is best you speak to a trusted professional and work out what is going on within your internal environment. It can be helped, but I remember learning about this in honors class Psychology class. I hope you sort this out soon, all the best. It can be sorted out though.

It's normal. You get so used to seeing yourself that it's hard to see changes, even drastic ones. I had the opposite thing happen, actually. I got very sick and ended up gaining about 50 pounds. I wasn't noticing it at first and when I finally did, it was devastating. In my head, I can still see the skinnier version of myself. In the mirror, I see a chubbier version. I didn't expect it to happen, but I knew it was from my illness and bedrest.

I also think you should see your doctor just in case. Make sure your thyroid is okay and see if your doctor has any advice.

Werbung:
Back