• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

A guy told me that I had a graceful walk...

Butterfly

Last weekend when I was going out there was a guy at the same party who went up to me, and I was expecting him to try to start a conversation or something.
I was very surprised when all he actually said was that he felt like he had to tell me that he thought the way I walked looked very elegant.
He didn't even seem to "expect" anything from me or have any real goal in his mind, he just told me this and a while later he went away and I didn't see him again that evening.
I was somewhat surprised at first, but in retrospect I actually find it kind of cute.
This could've easily turned out as a slightly perverted thing to say, but he said it in such a mature and polite way that it seemed like a cleverly masked way to comment on my body without sounding rude. :p

Werbung:
He didn't seem shy at all, but he still had some manners.
She seemed very respectful and simply told me in a charming way that he thought I had a beautiful walk.
I mean, if he had said it the wrong way then I would've probably thought it was slightly perverted, but he managed to tell me this in a very courteous way so it felt like a rather exciting compliment, haha. ^_^

That is a great compliment. It is a real gift when someone gives you a clean and sincere compliment. It says a lot about his character...and you must have some of the grace of a butterfly (reference to your username) in order to have received that sincere compliment.

I also appreciate the way people move, in a general sense, it says a lot about them.

Yes, in fact I thought this was a kind of exciting compliment to get because I'm pretty sure he checked out my legs and butt or something, and probably liked them as well since he felt inclined to compliment me on my walk. :D
It's really quite powerful when a guy manages to give a somewhat sexual compliment in a very courteous way. ^_^

I agree that it was a nice compliment being said sincerely. ;)
He just seem to be a person who say compliment to someone who deserves it. And a courteous way to compliment is cuter than a sexual compliment. :p

That sounds so nice, right? It brings a certain thrill inside of us to be told that.
I was in college when I was told the same by different guy friends. They said I have a certain gait that is quite unique and elegant even though I was only wearing pants. But in skirts, they call me terrific!

i miss being that young! ^__^

you must have some of the grace of a butterfly (reference to your username) in order to have received that sincere compliment.
Haha, my boyfriend kinda likes calling me that sometimes. ;)
I guess if you're a 5'1 slender girl with a muscular boyfriend that's like 1'6 taller then he wouldn't exactly be physically intimidated by me. :p

That's such a sweet compliment. I guess I should improve my walk and my posture. Dang, my mother was right! I never get compliments on my stride.

Werbung:
That's such a sweet compliment. I guess I should improve my walk and my posture. Dang, my mother was right! I never get compliments on my stride.
I don't think a compliment like this is very common, really.
I think this was a very rare occurrence, and I have several friends who move very elegant and I've never heard them getting any compliments for it.
So you can definitely walk like an angel without actually hearing it. :p
In fact this was the first time I heard it myself. :D

Also guys are probably afraid that they are too "direct" when they say something like this.
The guy who complimented me didn't really seem to care much for that though, he seemed proud of thinking that I had a sexy walk. :p

Back