• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

:(

thistle

Okies...anyone remember my thread about my deputy wiping out the majority of my perfume stock? (it died when the forum crashed lol)

Well...I had a big talk with Brian about the importance of accurate stock levels, he nodded and agreed all the way through and promised he would take more care next time...

*sigh*

To explain how our stock system works....instead of a 3/4 monthly stocktake of the entire store, we do it differently, we do a mini stock take on a specific section every week....and keep on top of discrepancies as and when they occur. Last week I was on holiday so Brian was left to stock check our Xmas gifts.

This system is amazingly easy. You take a hand held scanner...scan each item and enter how many you have. You then print off a report from the computer, look for discrepancies and double check your figures and once you are satisfied that the count is accurate you apply them to the system.

Easy huh?

The important thing here is not counting accrately at the beginning but INVESTIGATING the report BEFORE you apply the figures.

Guess what Brian didn't do?

I had to send the discrepancy report to my area manager on Monday morning..........now a few discrepancies are expected, according to Brians count 4000 pounds worth of Xmas stock had vanished :s.

I asked him is he has investigated the report...his reply "yes, yes I did" .. Oh really????? " so Brian, this particular Xmas gift bag....do you see it? we are supposed to have 30 of these in stock right? you entered 1217....you investigated this report and didn't notice that mistake? where are they? cos 1217 gift bags have got to take up a lot of room in the warehouse"

"What about this aftershave Brian? you said we have none and yet there are 18 over there" "oh I didn't realise they were part of the Xmas stock so I didn't count them" " Fair enough Brian but that is WHY you get a discrepancy report so that you NOTICE these things".

So area manager cmes down to the store for a visit on Thursday...guess who gets the ass kicking of their lives....Brian right?...wrong ! I did. oh yes he screws up again and I take the rap for it.

Not only for the complete shambles of a stock count but because another job that has to be done every week wasn't done when I was off..........My senior sales actually started doing this job as I had asked her to....Brian made her stop and help him with his work.

so the upshot is...I have had to spend so long trying my damnest to fix his screw ups since I got back that all the stuff that I SHOULD have done this week is now not done at all. Now me and the girls are gonna have to work late for a few nights next week to try and catch up a bit and get back on a level footing.

There isn't even any point in getting Brian to fix his own mistakes because he makes them worse and I end up doing them anyway.

I think I'll be looking for a new member of staff soon....I swear it was less stressful when I was doing all the work myself and not getting a day off.

<

Werbung:
I'm right in saying you're above him right? His supervisor? Can't you give him a verbal warning?! Afterall it's incompetence!!

Yeps he is my deputy....I've told him that next time he screws up that badly he will be on a verbal warning then writtens.

Ive heard he is applying for other work so fingers crossed he gets something else and it will save me the hassle of having to do it myself lol.

I have a visit this week form the Lead store manager in our area (basically the top manager) she's gonna have a look at this balls up of a count and see if she can help me sort it out because my attempt to rectify it just didn't work lol. This woman is a complete witch according to most people but I've never had a problem with her in fact just the opposite, I've always found her to be helpful towards me so hopefully we can sort out this mess between us and I believe her intention is also to pull Brian into the office and have a serious talk with him. She wants rid of him as well because she caught him slagging her off once
<
...... bad move Brian.

I really don't mind taking the blame for other people's mistakes IF I was there when the mistake was made and should have been able to either prevent it or fix it straight away but I really grudge taking the blame for something that happened when I was off for a week.

And what makes me more p'd off is that Brian is so unconcerned that he has doubled everyone's work load, screwed up my stock levels, got me into trouble with my boss and basically annoyed everyone.

You should introduce a morale boosting system.... call it.... ummmm...... "The Rate Brian System"
<

*whistles*

Oh man that sounds annoying!!! He should have gotten a written warning after screwing up when you'd just gone through the whole system again.

He sounds like he's really not interested in the work.... and of course, you're the one paying for it.

Well hopefully is 3 month assesment will come through soon...I have 3 options

1, Retain in employment

2, Terminate employment

3, Extend trial period for a further 8 weeks.

I'll give him an extension and if he screws up again big time, he's out.

I hate being a bitch and with all the other girls it's worked being lenient, I bend over backwards for them and they do the same for me. With Brian it's just a waste of time, I bend over backwards for him and he seems to push me further.

It's silly things too like he won't wash his cup after he's used it and takes a clean one every time....so when other people go for a break they have to go wash ALL the cups............I sorted that one tho
<
I put hooks up in the staff room and put a name under each hook and a cup on each one. All other cups are locked in the cupboard lmao and everyone has been told that they are not allowed to use anyone elses
<

OH ! aaaaaaaaaaand he a snake *growls* we have to be at the store at least 20 minutes before we open so I can start the computer off. Once I've done that we go for a coffee and nip out the fire exit for a quick ciggie ....now I know that technically this is wrong but when the shop is closed I don't see a problem with it (hell, the lead store manager usually joins us when she's over lol). But Brian decided to get himself some Brownie points from HO and grassed us up for it..............now we have security seals on the fire exits and the area manager will check those seal numbers everytime he is down to make sure they aint been broken. Of course we ALSO use that exit to tip out the dirty water after we've mopped the floor.......now we have to carry a full bucket of water up a flight of stairs to empty it down the toilet.

I admit we should never have been using the fire exit to nip out for a smoke but what the hell was the point of him grassing on us? what harm were we doing him? especially considering that he knows we could technically all have been sacked for it (assuming they caught us of course lol)

Gawd I rally regret ever giving him the job
<

im with Snowy, he sounds like a bit of a nuftie, why would he think grassing on you would help improve the work environment for him?!?!!?

You aren't being a bitch...just doing your job because he isn't doing his. Too bad he isn't working out, you had positive things to say about him in the begining.

I wouldnt let this guy stand in line for me, he couldn't evendo that properly.

Terminate employment.... euthanasia... its all good...
<

When all is said and done you are his boss and he whether or not he likes you, he should have respect for you. It dosn't look like he does espeially with him being so sneaky. And as for his major screw up, he obviously wasn't attentive enough. I would personally give him a written warning, forget the verbal and next time he is out the door.

((hugs))
<

That could be it lottie, but it could also be that his guy does not like it that his boss is a woman... whos a lot younger then him.

To me, hes doing a bad job... and grassing up his boss... as a way of making his boss look inadequate... so that there is a chance he could move up.... (or move out)

Werbung:
Back