• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Your favorite console game?

Yolanda

Hi everyone,

Who ever said gaming is just for boys, lol!
I love the old fashion platform games, especially the ones that were available on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. I still own a vintage console and I love to play it.
Games I like on this console include super mario world, treasure troll islands, dr. mario, yoshi's cookie and out to cook. Off course tetris is a classic as well, but I am not sure if it ever was launched for the SNES. You could play the gameboy version on your SNES though with a special converter! :)

Anyone else into (vintage) gaming?

Werbung:
Well I used to play on Nintendo before.
I love playing Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt there.
They were so fun to play! But now because there is PC already, I can't seem to find time to play with it anymore.

I played through Earthbound on the SNES, and in my opinion it's Nintendo's greatest work. I've also been meaning to try Chrono Trigger as well as A Link to the Past. I must also get a Nintendo 64 so I can try my hand at Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I don't know if the GCN counts as vintage or not, but even with my copy of Brawl, I still enjoy a match of Super Smash Bros. Melee every now and then for nostalgia's sake.

Ooh, and I also REALLY, REALLY need to play F-Zero at some point...

I definitely fit into this category! I fit into it so much I am going to be opening my own retro video game store. I think my favorite console game would probably be either Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario World. DKC was my very first game on my very first console, I still own my original and love it.

Ahhh games! :D
Well, I used to play (and still play some of them):
  • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
  • NBA 2K
  • Left 4 Dead (yeaa :p)
  • Sonic ;)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Pro Evolution Soccer
  • Super Mario Bros
  • Zelda

Thanks so much for replying everyone! It's nice to see that there are some more gaming gals on here ;-) Gothtini, it's so cool you are opening up your own retro video game store. Keep me updated if you will, I'd love to see the result!

Thanks so much for replying everyone! It's nice to see that there are some more gaming gals on here ;-) Gothtini, it's so cool you are opening up your own retro video game store. Keep me updated if you will, I'd love to see the result!
I'll keep you updated, when I get closer to opening it I may start a thread to discuss what I'm doing with it.

My favourite games are strategy games like (long time ago) Dune2, Age of Empires, Cossacks... The best is to play them with friends on a LAN.

I'll keep you updated, when I get closer to opening it I may start a thread to discuss what I'm doing with it.

Awesome, can't waitte to see it! Thanks for replying LouisGean. I agree playing with friends is most fun, although I personally prefer to play older games with my friends (which don't have LAN). So basically just multiplayer mode ;-)

However, if you count all games, not just retro ones, here are my favorites:

• Portal
  • Half-life
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Pokemon
  • Minecraft
  • Halo
  • Amped
  • Gran Turismo
  • LEGO Star Wars
  • DDRMAX
  • SSX3
  • Guitar Hero
I also recently bought MotorStorm for my PS3, and boy oh boy is it FUN... I also got BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet but I have heard good things about it.

I love guitar hero, and the band hero game as well. It's a fun game to play with friends, especially if you like a lot of different instruments.

As for classic games, hubby and I will once in a great while, bring out the Atari 2600 and have a spirited game or two of Asteroids or Space Invaders. The kids think it is boring, but we find it great fun!

As for classic games, hubby and I will once in a great while, bring out the Atari 2600 and have a spirited game or two of Asteroids or Space Invaders. The kids think it is boring, but we find it great fun!
I juuuuust got an atari 2600 off ebay! I need to find the mod I can make to hook it up to my AV so I can play/test games on it. I've gotten space invaders on several different systems and have always loved it.

Werbung:
I still own the Super Nintendo too! I do not play it anymore, but as a kid I would enjoy playing it with my brother. My favorite game is super Mario.

Back