• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

yikes ! what have I done?

thistle

Ever had one of those monents when something seems like a REALLY good idea at the time ............
then after you commit yourself, you think .... uh oh !

I was at a meeting on tuesday for work, during the HR presentation we were told that as it is our Society's 150 anniversary, the company are trying to get as many employees as possible to participate in a sponsored bicycle ride and they will pay the £20 entry fee for any employee putting their names down ...

So .... ermmm.... I said I'd think about it...

Today, one of the other managers phoned me and said she'd decided she was gonna do it and that she's ALSO decided that I should join her !! now she caught me in a moment of weakness and I said yes !!!!

*faint*

Now, walking I can do.... I'm very good at walking and can do that for miles. I haven't been on a bike for about 5 years and even then I only did about 5 miles a day with the dogs.

This ride is FIFTY FIVE MILES !! Glasgow to Edinburgh

I've got 3 months to get in shape.

however, it IS for charity so I'm gonna give it a go even if it means crossing the finishing line in a pathetically slow time lol

I think this may just kill me :p

Werbung:
oohhh nooo!

pfft 55 miles that's.... 88km... Dad used to do 25km to work each day (and 25 back). You've got a few years on him, you'll be fiiiiiiine.

But next time you should guard against your weak moments....

Are you going to be getting on those pure energy bars and sugar drinks?

lol no idea as yet. Although it's a really well organised event with refreshments lined up all the way along the route so I'll probably just have a red bull about an hour before we set off lol.

Werbung:
Back