• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Would you want to know?

Lucky120

I ended up answering this question on a site that I am apart of and it asked Would you want to know when you will die? I had to actually say no to that question, because I feel that if I knew I would be counting the days to my death. I wanted to write on here and see how others felt and to see if I am the only one that would rather leave that alone and live my life. Would you want to know the day and time that you are going to die and the age basically? I mean I know that many people hat going to the doctor and a doctor saying something like that. I know for me it is scary, but what about anyone here?

Werbung:
I wouldn't want to know, I don't think.

I'm afraid it would become an obsession, even if I tried to avoid it. I would be constantly thinking about how I'm running out of time or even the opposite... that I have plenty of time, so I'd put things off instead of just doing them. It would alter too many of my decisions, I think, and while some of them might be good decisions, I don't think it'd be good overall.

I am not afraid of death, but I wouldn't to know. Especially if I don't die peacefully in my sleep. I suppose given enough notice, I would be able to prepare everything. I still say no to knowing. I am trying to live fully.

I wouldn't want to know. It would ruin the time you have left. You should live every day like its your last anyway

I wouldn't want to know - because, as others have said, it would completely take over my life and become such an obsession for me that I would waste however long I had left. I couldn't change it, if I am destined to die on a certain day then me knowing this beforehand will make no difference whatsoever. I would therefore prefer to remain clueless!! :)

No, I would not want to know. As one gets older I think we have to be prepared for this financially. As long as you have directions made out to someone who knows about what would have to be paid and your children and finances are in order, No I would not. Really Lucky 120 I think this is a good thread you started because a lot of your Moms with children probably would not think of this, where the older crowd would. Thanks for the thread.

Am I the first person here who would want to know?
Probably because I've just read "Veronika decides to die" and this book influenced me in some way.

Hm.... I'm not sure. On the one hand, I'd probably be like most of the rest of you and obsess over it. On the other hand, it would be nice to know how much time is left so I could work on my "bucket list," and also so I could get things squared away before I go.

Werbung:
Am I the first person here who would want to know?
Probably because I've just read "Veronika decides to die" and this book influenced me in some way.

You may be the first one here to want to know...but definitely not the least. I would like to know when, in fact, since a child I have always kind of felt when others were going to go...and I had a number when I was going to, which is now 5 years away. So, I will see...It has given me a strong need to live as much of my life in each moment. So, I do not think it is all bad.

Back