• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Worst Fashion Fad

I personally think it's disgusting when guys (or girls) grow rat-tails or dragon-tails for their hair. Especially rat tails *shivers*.
Ugh, yeah. I've seen those and hated them (though I didn't know that they were called rat tails until now)... ew.

What does a dragon tail look like, though?

Werbung:
Ugh, yeah. I've seen those and hated them (though I didn't know that they were called rat tails until now)... ew.

What does a dragon tail look like, though?
They're like rat tails, but I think they're braided, and they grow out the side, and most people grow two.

^^ My goodness. That sounds...dreadful. I would hate to be walking around and seeing a whole lot of that.

People have listed off some good ones in this thread. My vote ultimately goes to skinny jeans and pink shirts on men. It's bad enough that guys are becoming extremely high-maintenance as it is. I'm not happy that a lot of them are now looking the part. Although it seems like the only one who doesn't like it is me...:oops:

The one thing I really hate is "txting" merchandise. At my previous school, some girl was wearing a T-Shirt with "i <3 txting" written across her boobs. I find it annoying that 'texting' is now seen as a sport or hobby rather than a form of communication.

I don't know if this is a fad or not, but I also really hate it when people wear shirts with band names on them to look fashionable, not because they actually like the band. For example I saw a girl wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt and I excitedly walked up to her and when asked what albums she had she was like "um, no."

I was disappointed.

I had the unpleasure of auditing a class yesterday. There were 2 female students. I sat in the back. They were wearing this hip hugger jeans, or low riser jeans. Just sitting there, half their azzez were hanging out. Literally I saw almost everything they had. They were sitting in the first row, then the second row had 3 guys, that were unable to concentrate on the class cuz they were all consumed with the cracks. WTH, can't we get a fashion that actually functions? Am I asking too much not to be blinded by butt cracks?

Some things I hate:

pants that show crack, either because they are low-rise or because they are just too big
those sweats with the words across the butt
everything from Ed Hardy
skirts in the middle of winter where there are 2 feet of snow on the ground, I've seen it, it's totally stupid
people who wear Tripp pants just because they want to be popular, you wouldn't believe how many preps I saw in Hot Topic buying them for that reason, not because they are comfortable
people who have multiples of the same shirt or pants just so they can wear their favorite outfit day after day

I think that's it. I might think of some more later though...

Crocs! I'm right there with you guys! They are hideous. I don't know why anyone would pay $45 for a pair of industrial slippers. People really do crazy things just to be "in".

Some trends I've seen before that I hate...
- leg warmers (huge in the 80's then they came back for a while a few years ago...ugh...if your legs are that damn cold wear pants!)
- crocs. Sorry but they're ugly AND dangerous...when I was an EMT I picked up a girl that broke her ankle in a pair
- Tennis/sporty looking shoes with spiked heels on them...anyone remember those? they didn't last long (thank god) but they were hideous.
- uggs. (i think thats how you spell it?) they might be warm but they're ugly lol
- gloves with fingers cut out so you can text. really? really??

Some trends I've seen before that I hate...
- leg warmers (huge in the 80's then they came back for a while a few years ago...ugh...if your legs are that damn cold wear pants!)
- crocs. Sorry but they're ugly AND dangerous...when I was an EMT I picked up a girl that broke her ankle in a pair
- Tennis/sporty looking shoes with spiked heels on them...anyone remember those? they didn't last long (thank god) but they were hideous.
- uggs. (i think thats how you spell it?) they might be warm but they're ugly lol
- gloves with fingers cut out so you can text. really? really??
I agree with all of those. I own a pair of Uggs but I don't really like wearing them because they make my feet feel weird and they are kind of weird for me to walk in.

Although, gloves with fingers cut out are okay if you are using them to work on things, such as trying to repair something in the cold or whatever, but for texting? That is stupid... oh, speaking of which I found out about these things you could put on your thumbs to make them look "pretty" while your texting. Stupid, huh? The person your texting isn't even looking at your thumbs!

I really, really hate texting... it's so freaking annoying...

I agree with all of those. I own a pair of Uggs but I don't really like wearing them because they make my feet feel weird and they are kind of weird for me to walk in.

Although, gloves with fingers cut out are okay if you are using them to work on things, such as trying to repair something in the cold or whatever, but for texting? That is stupid... oh, speaking of which I found out about these things you could put on your thumbs to make them look "pretty" while your texting. Stupid, huh? The person your texting isn't even looking at your thumbs!

I really, really hate texting... it's so freaking annoying...

You know what? I just saw some new gloves on one of those home shopping networks...they have touch sensitive finger tips for people that use touch screen phones lol....i wonder how much money and effort was put into making these gloves? It's nice to know that our great scientists are working on such important issues like this lol...who needs a cure for cancer or AIDS when you can text while keeping your fingers nice and toasty warm lol...

You know what? I just saw some new gloves on one of those home shopping networks...they have touch sensitive finger tips for people that use touch screen phones lol....i wonder how much money and effort was put into making these gloves? It's nice to know that our great scientists are working on such important issues like this lol...who needs a cure for cancer or AIDS when you can text while keeping your fingers nice and toasty warm lol...
Yeah... I mean, I like that they are making them because honestly touch screens in cold weather can be a bit of a problem, but I honestly dislike how advertised and encouraged texting is. (for those who don't know: the touch screens work because our skin gives off a bit of an electrical signal, and the reason most gloves don't allow this to work is because they don't conduct electricity and can't transmit the signal, so people are trying to make gloves that will be able to let the electricity in your fingers flow... or something along those lines :confused:) Everyone basically encourages my peers to continue to lose their real world social and public speaking skills as well as increasing their risk of dying in a car accident and possibly killing others in the process. For example, at my middle school I saw some "popular" girl wearing a black T-Shirt with "i <3 txting" written across her boobs. Texting is fine, but it's a form of quick communication, nothing more, it isn't a hobby or a sport and it's nothing to be proud of.

In my opinion saying "I <3 TEXTING!!" is basically saying "I <3 TRYING TO FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST A LOCAL MALL BECAUSE I WAS TEXTING WHILE WALKING AND NOT WATCHING WHAT I WAS DOING AND ENDED UP LANDING RIGHT ON MY ASS IN THE FOUNTAIN."

Okay, okay... *takes a deep breath and drinks some ice water* that.... ended up being quite the rant, heehee. :oops: Wasn't yelling at you, was sort of just getting this off my chest... meep.

The fashion of the boys at my school are horrible, the worst of it is how they wear baggy jeans which allows everyone to view their boxers. Have some respect for your body and the eyes of other students in the same building. Seriously, nobody wants to see that. It's people like that who've given my school the image of being the "Ghetto School" and I'm getting tired of people acting shocked when I say what school I'm from.

The fashion of the boys at my school are horrible, the worst of it is how they wear baggy jeans which allows everyone to view their boxers. Have some respect for your body and the eyes of other students in the same building. Seriously, nobody wants to see that. It's people like that who've given my school the image of being the "Ghetto School" and I'm getting tired of people acting shocked when I say what school I'm from.
Yeah, it's getting out of hand at my school too... but teachers are at least trying to enforce the dresscode... just the other day some teacher yelled to some guy, "DON'T LOSE YOUR PANTS!!"

Werbung:
My teachers are starting to get on people for the dress code at our school, but it's gotten so out of hand that nobody really listens to them unless they're given a detention or sent to the office to call home to get a belt. I believe that the fashion is also something that's a factor in how my school is. We have metal detectors that we have to go through every morning and our bags are searched. The fashion isn't completely why, but looking like a gangster doesn't help the situation because it makes you look more suspicious. I'm not going to lie, our school was pretty horrible and "Ghetto" until now, due to the new principle. In a way I'm glad that the new principle came because maybe he'll be enough of an influence to change the way people decide to look. I know that a lot of people who dress that way are intelligent and great people, but the outfit they wear makes them look like they're dumb and in a gang.

Back