• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Worst Drive Ever !

thistle

So I'm in Edinburgh all day today for a meeting ......... was boring but went ok lol.

Driving home was a flippin nightmare !! We left Edinburgh, off the bypass.........it starts raining a wee bit. Few miles down the road it's getting heavier..... nothing to worry about so far "Pffffft wee bit rain, we're in Scotland we're used to this" ..

Few more miles the road is getting REALLY wet now ......... oncoming traffic have started flashing their lights at us :s .... "Hmmmmm what they doing that for? our lights are on......must be traffic cops ahead" ....

half a mile more ....... "OKAAAAAAAAAAY!! so now we know!" the water is running off the hills and straight across the road which is by now pretty well flooded but still passable so on we go..... it get's worse......and worse .... (we're doing about 10mph by this point and the rain is so torrential that the poor old wipers can't keep up) some people have pulled off the road now but we still carry on lol

We eventually come to a poor guy who's engine has flooded and his car is stranded in the middle of the road ........ everyone else drives round him !!!!!!!!

So what do we do? we decide it is our civic duty to help this guy out..... we 3 girly store managers in our suits and high heels jump out into torrential rain and wade through 5 inches of dirty stinking water that's gushing off the hillside over the road and push this guys car onto the verge while everyone else keeps driving past.........even the big blokes in pick up trucks :censored2: !!!

So now we are drenched and dirty as well as tired and thinking "are we going to manage to get home?" ...

My friends were offering me a bed for the night as the second half of my journey after I dropped them off at their houses is a horrible stretch of road that is really prone to flooding as well as having some pretty nasty bends .... I was seriously considering this option lol. So we get back to one of their houses and I nip in for a coffee and phone Subby and ask him to check on the net for any flood warnings on my way ........... there is nothing so I decide to carry on... I switch on the radio and there's been an accident on the road we'd just been on and it's now closed because the flooding has got worse and cars at risk of being actually swept off the road !!!!

Thankfully the road home from there was clear all the way and bone dry !

Think I'll claim for extra petrol money tomorrow for the stress lol

Werbung:
OMG Lou! It's very dangerous when there's flooding. I nearly was never "made" as my dad had a very bad car accident about 2 years before I came along. And it was due to flooding on the road, he hit floods and the car aquaplaned over a 6ft fence.

It's very scary. I'm much more cautious on wet roads simply because of what happened to dad!

It was pretty scary ........... more so because it literally came out of nowhere ! however, thankfully the deep flooding was only in a few places and wasn't too dangerous when we went through unless you were driving like an idiot.

I'm dreading the first time I have to drive in snow tho :s

You get used to it though Lou. Stewart isn't a very good snow driver.. slams on the brakes, takes off real fast, etc... but coming from the back of beyond where I grew up, I'm very used to snow driving... those are very big tips for you... if you're sliding, don't slam on the brakes, instead put car into a higher gear and release the clutch slowly to try to regain grip. Same for take off, start in 2nd rather than 1st.

It's fun! :lol:

Werbung:
Back