• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Why?

thistle

I had to rush my cat to the vets tonight, he had been a bit iffy all day (started the day by vomiting in my wardrobe actually) and then turned up his nose at a tin of crab meat so I KNEW something was seriously wrong...

Turns out his urine has crystallised and he was completely unable to pee .....apparently he'd have died in a few hours if I hadn't taken him (and here was me thinking he had a hairball :s) so that came as a bit of a shock
<

I had to leave him there for emergency surgery which is scary enough for a 12 year old cat and for the 2 hours it took for the vet to phone me to say he came out the anasthetic ok I pretty much did nothing but cry and chain smoke.

Even now, the vet is not sure whther there is any kidney damage due to him not being able to pee and poor pooh-cat is too weak to take blood from at the moment so I have to leave him at the vets til Monday and hope for the best.

I've already prepared for the vet telling me that his kideny's are wrecked and he'll have to be put down but I don't want to think abotu that too much yet.

Hopefully I get phonecall in the morning to say he managed to pee by himself overnight and that would be a good sign.

So .... why the hell do we get ourselves a pet that we KNOW is only going to live for 10 (ish) years and then get all heartbroken and surprised when the worst happens? surely it would be better to just get a damn goldfish that no one in their right minds could get attatched to?

Werbung:
oh noooooooooooooooo poohcat
<

I hope he's ok LouLou
<
Are you working today? Update us asap! The attachments we form with our pets are so strong huh?
<

*BEARHUG* It's ok T, don't worry, definitely keep us updated. Ah, pets are stoopid! When we got our cat put down (and I'm not saying this gonna happen to you its to prove the stoopidness of pets) Dad kept going on about what a stoopid cat she was. I mean, we spend HOW much money on her and she goes and carks it. hows that for gratitude?

*giant hug* Have some cammomile tea it'll be ok
<

Poor Pooh-cat
<
, vet phoned first thing this morning to say he was wide awake and shouting loudly for his breakfast which he scoffed then shouted for more which is a good sign BUT he still hasn't pee'd
<

He phoned again while I was out and told subby that he'd basically forced him to pee tonight as he didn't want to leave him overnight just in case ........but he seemed fairly happy that at least he'd managed to pass it this time (even if he DID need a bit of coaxing) so it MIGHT be that he's just still a bit too sore and tender to pee himself at the moment but he'd on a course of anti-inflammatory's which should help if that's the case and he's back on a drip overnight.

Soooooo, he's ok in himself but he needs to start peeing by himself before the vet will let me bring him home
<
and then it's just a case of waiting to see if his kidney's are ok.

Maybe I'll get better news in the morning cos I really want to bring him home !!

Hmph still can't bring him home
<
the vet sounds reasonably confident that it's just gonna be a matter of time tho) the bills already at £303 !!! so I might nip up there 2morro to pay some of it up and see him while I'm there.

<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

He's HOME !!!! on a very strict diet of prescription cat food mind you and only allowed one or two titbits a week, but as long as he pee's in his litter tray at least once a day I don't need to take him back (means we gotta clean the litter tray every time he uses it so we can monitor him but that's ok)

Sooooooooo happy !!!!!!!!! even if subby does grudge the fact that it cost me half an air fare to australia
<

Oh God Yeah !!! I let him out his box and he was in the kitchen at his bowl within 3 seconds flat shouting to be fed so yeah .....back to normal lmao. He reeks of disinfectanty/vet smell tho and the dog won't leave him alone but he seems fine. Oh and he's got a big bandage on his leg where his drip was but I can take that off 2morro
<

*fingers crossed* that he doesn't get blocked up again

Good question. I really don't know why - my heart trembles every time I even think of it, and it's due to happen. I didn't want a dog particularly for this reason, but..now he's here and I'm so glad that he is - but I know I'll cry my eyes out for a long long time after he's gone.

And of course - I'm glad your cat's feeling better.

Werbung:
Back