• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Why Can't Women Work Together?

Dreek Lass

Obviously I am aware that a lot of women in the world are able to co-exist perfectly fine, but there are also those ones - whether it is fashioned out of insecurity or something else - cannot make nice with other women.

I have seen this in various different arenas. I am aware that men have their problems with one another too, but it seems to happen more frequently, and it seems to be much more predictable behavior from women. Either they feel threatened by one another , or something else gets in the way of them co-existing.

Why do you think that this is?

Werbung:
I think some women lack self confidence for some reason or another. Maybe they were picked on or just have a bad image of themselves. This can cause tension with another woman if they think the other woman is prettier or if they think something is better about the other woman. Lacking in self confidence can lead to jealousy. Unfortunately the lack in self confidence is usually caused by somebody else's actions - picking on them, calling them ugly or any other mental abuse.

That is my view on it anyway. I am sure there are many other reasons too.

I think some women lack self confidence for some reason or another. Maybe they were picked on or just have a bad image of themselves. This can cause tension with another woman if they think the other woman is prettier or if they think something is better about the other woman. Lacking in self confidence can lead to jealousy. Unfortunately the lack in self confidence is usually caused by somebody else's actions - picking on them, calling them ugly or any other mental abuse.

That is my view on it anyway. I am sure there are many other reasons too.

This sums up what I was going to say quite well. It's not always the case though, sometimes, you know how you just meet someone and instantly know you don't like them? No matter how hard you actually try to like them. That's a different story though.

I think maybe women often want to be the best/the fastest/the smartest, etc. and that sometimes clashes when someone better, faster, or smarter is in the same workplace. (I'm talking only workplace here, I know you didn't narrow it down to that in your question.) And that's not a bad thing because who doesn't want to be at the top of the heap?

I think you're right that sometimes they feel threatened, and also the point about not having self confidence is a good one.

Now, all that said, I'll have to say that I've always worked better with men. I don't lack self confidence and it's never a matter of jealousy, envy, or feeling threatened on whatever level. Those things never came into play... I simply can work with men more easily and it's easier for me to talk with them. I've had some terrific platonic male friends over the years, and I suppose that played into why I'm comfortable in that setting.

Why is that some men can't work together? Like men, a lot of women are insecure and immature. They don't have any more trouble working together than men do; but, it only takes one bad apple, as the saying goes to ruin a working situation for everyone else. And, just like with some men, the women who are hard to work with often get away with bad behavior because of poor managerial and supervisory situations.

Why is that some men can't work together? Like men, a lot of women are insecure and immature. They don't have any more trouble working together than men do; but, it only takes one bad apple, as the saying goes to ruin a working situation for everyone else. And, just like with some men, the women who are hard to work with often get away with bad behavior because of poor managerial and supervisory situations.

In my experience -b and it may be different for you, I am not sure - it is mostly women that are likely to start bickering amongst themselves because one is having a problem with the other over insecurity issues or something equally as petty. I say this as a woman that wants to see women progress forward. this is just an observation that I have made along the way. Men are insecure and immature too, but they tend or seem to express it in a different way. It doesn't turn into this catty argument. Women tend to be much more malicious than men, because we are more creative in some areas.

In my experience -b and it may be different for you, I am not sure - it is mostly women that are likely to start bickering amongst themselves because one is having a problem with the other over insecurity issues or something equally as petty. I say this as a woman that wants to see women progress forward. this is just an observation that I have made along the way. Men are insecure and immature too, but they tend or seem to express it in a different way. It doesn't turn into this catty argument. Women tend to be much more malicious than men, because we are more creative in some areas.

You might be surprised at just how petty, catty and even vindictive some men can get. I am sure there are a lot of variables, (men tend to act out more around women than they do around other men) but I agree women should support each other more and undermine each other less. I try to avoid situations where I have to deal with bad behaving people of either gender.

You might be surprised at just how petty, catty and even vindictive some men can get. I am sure there are a lot of variables, (men tend to act out more around women than they do around other men) but I agree women should support each other more and undermine each other less. I try to avoid situations where I have to deal with bad behaving people of either gender.

Trust me, I have seen men behave like complete and utter bitches, but it doesn't happen as frequently, or to the magnitude that women do it. If you have somehow managed to hurt a woman, she WILL get you DEEP lol. Two men arguing, it may just be a fight and then that is the end of the altercation, but a woman will go for mental torture, which is a lot more astute, scary, and painful in my opinion.

Trust me, I have seen men behave like complete and utter bitches, but it doesn't happen as frequently, or to the magnitude that women do it. If you have somehow managed to hurt a woman, she WILL get you DEEP lol. Two men arguing, it may just be a fight and then that is the end of the altercation, but a woman will go for mental torture, which is a lot more astute, scary, and painful in my opinion.

I have been exposed to a lot of different kinds of people from a lot of different backgrounds and cultures and I still say men can behave just as badly as some women, if not worse. Not all women will get you deep, in fact I have known many with enough maturity and self-respect not to "get you" at all.

I have been exposed to a lot of different kinds of people from a lot of different backgrounds and cultures and I still say men can behave just as badly as some women, if not worse. Not all women will get you deep, in fact I have known many with enough maturity and self-respect not to "get you" at all.

Yes, well of course I am not implying that ALL women are this way. That is obviously not the case. You can only speak for yourself and what you have experienced in your life. Your experience happens to be different from mine, hence why you tend to disagree with the notion that I posted in the original post. But my experience and a lot of other people's experiences, as is proof by the response that this thread has gotten, have the same notion about women that I do.

Men are bitchy and surly too,but they tend to express it in a different way than women do. It comes across as less harmless to me. That does not mean that is must be the same for you. I posted this thread to get everyone's take on it. So thank you for your contribution.

I think its also because in the corporate world women are expected to prove themselves more than men. There is an inequality in the work place and less women as the positions gets higher. I think that in a way this contributes to some women being petty or nit pickers at the office. They have to show that they are better so they try to make other women look bad. It's not a justification, I'm just saying it contributes to it.

I believe that the women that cannot come to an agreement with any other women is because of their own issues and insecurities. Women need to realize that we all can't be like anyone else; hence, we need to congratulate other strong women on their successful as well as feel confident enough to tell another woman how beautiful she is; all women are beautiful. There is nothing attraction or classy about a woman who is constantly looking upon other women in a disdainful manner. I don't think this issue will ever be resolved because jealous and lack of confidence will forever live. I know that I will try to the best of my ability to never be that woman who is so wrapped up into my insecurities that I can't be happy for another woman--it's absurd.

I have often wondered this too. I think a lot of people do not have the confidence in themselves and always want to compete with other women, trying to be better than them. This never works in their favor unfortunately. A lot of people, especially women are insecure about themselves and their image.

I don't want to generalize, but this tends to happen amongst heterosexual women more than any other type of woman, at least from what I have witnessed in the past, and especially in the corporate arena. I have seen this type of behavior in the lesbian community too, but much more rarely than I have seen it from heterosexual women.

I don't know how many of you tune in to watch Big brother USA, but there is always a male alliance formed within the first two or three days of all the houseguests being in the house, and they stick together all the way to the end, wiping the foolish women out, who have either gotten together in an alliance and been too catty to hold it together, or were not smart enough to form an alliance in the first place, because they were being catty. Most of the time it is over male attention.

It is the same in the arena of work too, again from what I have seen. it is usually cutting one another down, or being catty over male attention, which is sad.

Werbung:
Yes, well of course I am not implying that ALL women are this way. That is obviously not the case. You can only speak for yourself and what you have experienced in your life. Your experience happens to be different from mine, hence why you tend to disagree with the notion that I posted in the original post. But my experience and a lot of other people's experiences, as is proof by the response that this thread has gotten, have the same notion about women that I do.

Men are bitchy and surly too,but they tend to express it in a different way than women do. It comes across as less harmless to me. That does not mean that is must be the same for you. I posted this thread to get everyone's take on it. So thank you for your contribution.

And for how many years have you observed this behavior? In how many cities or countries? How many male friends do you have as opposed to female friends? What are the ages of your female friends and are any old enough to be your mother? What are the backgrounds of the men and women you have observed?

You say I tend to disagree, but you are the one disagreeing. I am merely pointing out that you have a limited perspective.

Back