• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Who taught you about periods?

I do recall having classes and presentations about it in middle school, however I have been aware of periods for as far back as I can remember. My mother was always open about hers and even as a child I'd know what the pads she brought were for. I think this was great as it meant my own period didn't come as much as a shock to me as some of my friends. I was still upset when I got my period at 13 though. I remember my mum went down to the shop to get me supplies and she came back with some treats too as a way of trying to cheer me up. :)

Werbung:
Did your mom sit you down and talk about it? Did you have one of those sessions in school where they talk about female reproduction and body cycles? Did you hear about it from friends or books before either of those happened?

Hm.. I've a veeery open family(we joke about sex around the dinner table rather then talking about football :p ) But I think it was my mum that told me the most, and my girlfriends of course!

My teacher because I flipped out in the bathroom thinking I died and ran to her holding my pants crying. lol.

The mama cavewoman instructed me to sit at her family rock that she explained the birds and the bees....

Nahhhhh...but seriously, I can't remember who told me about my lady time except the each woman in my family had a say. I come from a family of 4 Aunts and 2 uncles, so we're kind of full, and then at the time, each of my aunts had their own close network of friends that I was all pretty close with, so I got a little bit of sage information from my mother, grandmothers, aunts, and their friends. And then for good measure my mom bought me a book.

My mom told me on the first day of my first period when I was twelve. She went to fetch me one of her pads. I remember it was so thick and it had loops on either ends which you had to thread an elastic through but I am not sure how I tied it. It was a long long time ago and thankfully we have progressed since then.

Nobody in particular taught me about it because I did have a fair idea of what was to come. I had sisters who were way older than I was and I would see them putting on pads on their underwear. Of course, I didn't have the guts to ask them what it was but after they moved out of our house, IT came.

My mom and I were fighting and I asked her to stop getting angry because I was having my period. She brought me the pads and left me to figure it all out.

Thankfully, I've been reading a handful of old books about reproductive systems that I didn't need to ask about it until the 6th grade wherein it had been taught to us by the teacher.

My mother was who taught me about periods because by the time when it happened, sexual education was not common in schools and having not elder sisters, nobody else could do it.

My mom told me. We didn't have sex ed in school back then.

Prefer that kind of thing coming from someone I know and trust anyway :)

I was extremely fortunate in having both my mum, and my elder sister as support for when my periods started.

We three girls in our family have always been very open and honest in everything female.

Like a good many of the other girls before me here have said, it is so much nicer being told and shown by those we have most trust in....So who better than your own family.

Sex ed in school, then a summer camp councilor. My mom told me a little but not much. I actually started my period the second day of away camp! Horrible!

My mom didn't tell me directly, but she got a book from the doctor's office and had me read it. She'd tried to tell me herself before, but I kinda freaked out thinking, "What???? Bleeding out of THERE??? That's horrible!!!" I was better after I read the book... until my first period started. I'd somehow temporarily forgotten about having a period, and when I saw the blood, I thought I had cancer. A couple hours later, I realized what was going on and was completely relieved.

Unfortunately nobody told my about it. I had no idea it was coming!:( My mother bought me this book about growing up, but I didn't find it interesting. When I got my first period I thought that this is some strange, awful disease, I was so ashamed and scared:cry: . So I went to my mom and asked her about this in tears and then she finally told me about this and that this is a completely normal thing.

I learned from school and the lovely internet. I never talked to my mom about and it's still not discussed.
I never even told my mom when I got my first period. :p

I guess my mom and sister did. My sister is 4 years older than me and when she started, I learned all about it. My mom didn't go into any real details about it or anything else, like the birds and the bees. She isn't too comfortable talking about that kind of stuff.

Werbung:
Back