• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Who Does What In Your House?

Snowbaby

Do you get help with the household chores? Who does what and how often? Do you have a "chore chart"? Or does everyone just know what they have been assigned?

There's only hubby & I live in our house. But we both have a good share of the chores. Normally we both help with the cooking (we both work 9-5, Mon-Fri). Then both wash up the dishes afterwards. We normally do our household things on a Sunday.
Hubby's tasks are:
  • * Making breakfast everyday
    <

* putting the towels, undies and bedding into the washer - washing it - tumble drying it and putting it away
    * putting the "hangy-up" washing on
    * Ironing of his own shirts
Mine:
  • * Cleaning bathroom
    * Hanging up the "hangy-up" washing
    * Ironing of our trousers and my tops
    * Polishing
    * Mopping floors
Both of us:
  • * Dishes (I wash, he dries)
    * Hoovering (depends who is more energetic lol)
    * Putting rubbish out
    * Grocery Shopping
How about in your house?

Werbung:
well ...

Our only "rule" as such is that whoever is home from work first cooks the dinner, so I have to say Subby probably cooks slightly more often then I do, washing the dishes is also a shared chore (usually whoever didn't cook)

Taking the rubbish out is subby's job.

Subby can take my rubbish out
<

What about cleaning the bathroom? I'm ashamed to admit but it's my favourite household chore LOL!! I love how sparkly everything is when it's clean.

I hate that dusty beard stuff that falls off the electric razor.... WHY does it have to stick to the <strike>sick</strike> sink so badly??

I do no chores, Since its only me and my mum we have a housekeeper. But mum cooks dinner. Our housekeeper tidies my room and makes my bed.

we don't have like a chore chart or anything. But I have 2 help my sister with the dishes every school night plus my room is my responsibility. We have like a cleaning lady who vacuums my room and that stuff but I have make sre my stuff are in the wash and that my bed is made.

I do it all -- it's me, myself, and I. Men wouldn't have a chance here: my dad was the cook, did the laundry, and a lot of the cleaning.

Ideally, I would do most of the kitchen stuff while the girls picked up the rest of the house. But here lately, I've been sick & unable to cook or clean. And the kitchen shows it. I think I'm going to spend today, no matter how much I hurt & want to lay in bed, cleaning the kitchen. Ugh, I really am not looking forward to it.

I do all the laundry, everyone picks up their own bathroom & bedroom, the girls take turns clearing & wiping the dining room table, and my oldest takes out the trash. I vacuum once a week, on Fridays so the house is usually pretty clean all day.

We work as a team really, but sometimes I have to remind my husband that certain things need doing.

I usually do all the inside work and he does the outside work. I hate to shovel or mow so it works out great.

Werbung:
We don't really have an agreement here... there are things I do and things he does. Like someone else said, I hate mowing and weeding and things like that, so he does those. I do the cooking although he knows his way around the kitchen, too. :)

Back