• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Where Do You Stand On Pot?

plumpkin

Seeing as the legalization of marijuana is a pretty hot topic these days (well, it has been for decades, but now its reaching headlines and news casts in a POSITIVE manner, as opposed to negatively) and everyone seems to be talking about it, I want to know: Where do you stand on pot?

I personally enjoy marijuana, but in a controlled way. I don't smoke every day, nor do I think that people who -do- are addicts or are abusing it. I feel that marijuana is a healthy choice. Yes, its mind-altering. I look forward to it be legalized. I smoke once or twice a month, and never a lot (possibly because my tolerance is so low that I become high nearly instantly). I also don't smoke alone, because I love weed for how it makes me giggly and social. I love to be high with my friends. I have no medical reasons to smoke marijuana, but I smoke anyways.

On a medical stand point, however - I CAN be an advocate for it working. I was in an accident and I couldn't afford my medication. But my friends "smoked me up" as often as was necessary/possible and I was virtually painless and would have the best nights sleep every time afterwards.

I think its a harmless drug. And I'm tired of the argument that weed can kill you. Any thing can kill you if you use it improperly, or in laymen terms - act like a total jackass and get yourself hurt.

Now, I'm a member and supporter of NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) and do everything I can to help the legalization along by passing along the word and even signing petitions in different states in different venues, and speaking up in different forums (like right now, except I'm purely just curious about peoples opinions). But I'm wondering where everyone else stands on it.

Everything in moderation, I always say.

Please answer the following questions (at your own discretion, of course. I don't want to try anyones feelings or upset people here, but I am hoping a few of you are open and honest and accepting, too):

Should marijuana be legalized?
If it should, why?/If it shouldn't, why not?
Have you ever smoked pot?
How do you feel about weed being a go-to ailment drug in terms of bodily pain, cancer or anxieties?
How do you feel about compassion centers(places that give out the prescriptions for marijuana to patients)?

Thank you for your time!

Werbung:
I think the fact that both the government and drug deals BOTH say that marijuana should remain illegal speaks volumes in itself. Have you watched a documentary called the Union? The facts regarding marijuana are incredible!

I think it should be legalized. If the U.S. were to legalize marijuana, regulate and tax it, within a year we could pull ourselves out the national debt and STILL make a profit.

There are so many useful products that can made from hemp even, which the legalization of marijuana would growing of as well. We could produce paper, and counter act the green house effect. Produce clothing that is all natural, more durable, and cheaper to make. Fuel can even be produced from hemp.

The laws surrounding marijuana effect more than just marijuana itself. Which is crap. I personally am a daily user. But I use it to control my anxiety. And I can say it is more effective than any number of medications I have been on have ever been. Plus it does not numb my emotions like the anxiety medication did.

I support the medical legalization of marijuana. It is legal here for medical purposes.My Dad died from cancer several years ago. Marijuana helped to ease his condition. He had lost his appetite and was nauseous. Unfortunately, we couldn't obtain it legally.

I don't support general legalization of marijuana, but I don't think people should go to prison for it.

Yes, marijuana should be legalized. Yes, I have tried it out in the past although I just used it now and again...and have not had any in the last few years. There are many medicinal properties to it so yes, people should be able to access it for that purpose...and I love the idea of compassionate centers.

Nature gave it to us for a reason.
Those are my thoughts on it. All in balance though...too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

It's not for me. I have absolutely no interest in it and never have.

I also don't have any problem with OTHER people partaking, though. To each his/her own.

Well, I've never tried and I have no interesting in it either...
As for the legalisation of it, when using marijuanna there's a subjective change in perception and, most notably, mood, the most common short-term physical effects include increased heart rate, lowered blood pressure, impairment of short-term and working memory, and concentration. Also, overdose can even lead to death. However, its long-term effects are under discussion. Why should a drug (even not a "hard" one) should be legalised if we don't even know what effects it will have on us for the rest of our lives? :unsure: Idk

In my opinion marijuana should be legalized. I heard that alcohol is more dangerous than it. I think that we should have a right to do what we want. If I want to take a risk nobody should forbid me from doing it. I can decide on my own, I'm grown up and intelligent enough.

It's not for me, but it also doesn't bother me. I'd just assume see it legalized becuase it would reduce the crime numbers. Now, I know that sounds funny to say, because obviously legalizing marijuana would reduce crime numbers because you would no longer be arrested for smoking it or possessing it. To make that argument stick would be like saying if you made murder legal it would reduce crime because if you killed someone you couldn't be arrested. That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the crimes that marijuana leads to. If it was legal to sell, there would no longer be marijuana dealers. So many crimes out there revolve around drug dealing, stealing for drugs, murdering over drugs etc. If you remove one of the most popular drugs from the black market, maybe the crime numbers go down.

While I do not smoke pot, I do think that it should be legalized. I don't feel that the government should be sitting here and controlling us, telling us what we can and cannot do. Also, I feel that there are plenty of healthy benefits to smoking pot. I like the idea of compassion centers giving out pot to their patients in order to help them. It is a shame that everything we are taught in school is so terrible. Since it comes from the ground naturally, it is a natural product given to us by God. It used to grow wild, so why should it be illegal?

My stand on this issue is that it should be legalized for medical purposes. After all we have opioid painkillers that are just a step above street drugs so why not legalize marijuana for medical purposes? By all studies they are less of a hazard then these opioid pain killers which are now a big headache for the government since a lot of patients have become addicted to it. Legalizing marijuana for medical purposes have been instituted successfully in some European countries so why not here?

I think it should be legalized for many reasons, but if nothing else for the taxes it would bring in. In all reality drugs like morphine and demoral shouldn't be legal to use but yet people can get prescriptions for morphine patches from a pain management doctor (I can't stand morphine, the hospital gave it to me twice and I hated it.) Marijuana is not a dangerous drug like everybody wants you to believe. No I don't smoke it, but I did almost 20 years ago.

When people drink and get behind the wheel of a vehicle, they get careless. Alcohol causes so many problems that the list seems endless - kidney and liver problems, diabetes is affected by it, violence, heart problems and so much more. Marijuana does not cause these problems. People tend to mellow out when they smoke and not get the "beer muscles."

In my opinion, alcohol should be the one that is banned and not marijuana. Not sure that I would smoke if it was legal, but then again I don't even drink either. I am not at all a fan of alcohol.

Seeing as the legalization of marijuana is a pretty hot topic these days (well, it has been for decades, but now its reaching headlines and news casts in a POSITIVE manner, as opposed to negatively) and everyone seems to be talking about it, I want to know: Where do you stand on pot?

I personally enjoy marijuana, but in a controlled way. I don't smoke every day, nor do I think that people who -do- are addicts or are abusing it. I feel that marijuana is a healthy choice. Yes, its mind-altering. I look forward to it be legalized. I smoke once or twice a month, and never a lot (possibly because my tolerance is so low that I become high nearly instantly). I also don't smoke alone, because I love weed for how it makes me giggly and social. I love to be high with my friends. I have no medical reasons to smoke marijuana, but I smoke anyways.

On a medical stand point, however - I CAN be an advocate for it working. I was in an accident and I couldn't afford my medication. But my friends "smoked me up" as often as was necessary/possible and I was virtually painless and would have the best nights sleep every time afterwards.

I think its a harmless drug. And I'm tired of the argument that weed can kill you. Any thing can kill you if you use it improperly, or in laymen terms - act like a total jackass and get yourself hurt.

Now, I'm a member and supporter of NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) and do everything I can to help the legalization along by passing along the word and even signing petitions in different states in different venues, and speaking up in different forums (like right now, except I'm purely just curious about peoples opinions). But I'm wondering where everyone else stands on it.

Everything in moderation, I always say.

Please answer the following questions (at your own discretion, of course. I don't want to try anyones feelings or upset people here, but I am hoping a few of you are open and honest and accepting, too):

Should marijuana be legalized?
If it should, why?/If it shouldn't, why not?
Have you ever smoked pot?
How do you feel about weed being a go-to ailment drug in terms of bodily pain, cancer or anxieties?
How do you feel about compassion centers(places that give out the prescriptions for marijuana to patients)?

Thank you for your time!
I am a grandma and I am totally for pot. I occasionally use it for chronic pain. I have a policy of not doing it with kids or grand kids, that's just me. We all know who in the family does it---no biggie to us.
If the government was smart (???) they would legalize it and tax it and we would all live happily ever after. I sincerely wish I were in a state where they have medical marijuana! I will not have to take drug tests anymore.

I don't really have a problem with people smoking pot and I think whether it was legalized or not a lot of people would still smoke it. It also provides many medical benefits. So yeah I think it should be legalized. There are many things in this world that are harmful to us but totally legal. Many of these things have been known to kill people, but marijuana does not. Make sense? I don't think so.

I know my opinion is a little against the grain these-days but I don't think pot should be legalized, as although I don't associate with individuals who smoke pot, I have seen the effect pot can have on individuals e.g I've lived next door to people who are addicted to pot, even though I live in the suburbs and it seemed like pot, led to harder drugs. If pot is legalized I believe it should be a prescription only drug for those who require pot for medicinal purposes.

Werbung:
I'm in for medical marijuana! I think it's really useful for those people who truly need it, specially cancer patients! Marijuana helps them eat, because it stimulates their hunger. It's a wonderful herb, plus some varieties of medical marijuana can help you relax and sleep better at night.

I don't condone the use of it as a recreational drug tho, but I don't oppose it either. I think it's unfair isn't legal and available for those who really need it everywhere. Medical marijuana makes things so easy for those who need it.

Back