• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

When Someone Is Sick

Nautica

Are you the type of person that avoids someone with the flu or a cold, then blames that person if you happen to get sick? Or you the type that helps that person?

I am the second type. I grew up with a mother that was (still is) so petrified to get sick that she would do as little as possible for me so she could avoid getting whatever I had. In fact, she wont even call me on the phone to this day to check if I need anything if I am sick!!!

Because I am of the second type, I am now sick. My sweetie got a nasty cold, and I let him stay here (in case ya'll don't remember, he lives 5 hours away) and took care of him and gave him medicine and all of that.

So here I am, with the nastiest cold I've had this year, all alone and miserable. The only cold medicine I have is nighttime stuff, and I have to take my daughter to and from school, so I can't take any of that. My sweetie, while he is very sorry to have gotten me sick, didn't want to come over last night because he doesn't want to relapse. I think he's coming over tonight, which is good, because I would feel really bad if he avoided me when I needed some help, which I kinda do.

I think he thinks I am mad at him for being so kind as to give me this gift of a cold, but I'm NOT!!! It happens, there's one going around and I would have gotten it anyway...

So what type are you guys??

Werbung:
Depends. If they're coworkers, I avoid them like the plague.
<

Family and significant others though, I'll help them out. But then again I'm one of those people who rarely catches what's going around.

Like Tilly. If it's my family or someone I care deeply about, I'll help. Otherwise...nope...I get sick often, so I'm trying to avoid sick people.

Yeah, that's a good point. I was talking about family, significant other, kids, stuff like that.
My sweetie is avoiding me like the plague and I hate it, I think we may have a deal breaker here!!! I don't like to feel like I am gross, and that's how he is making me feel...Oh well, maybe I am just sensitive right now, but I do need a hug, and I have to go steal it to get one...and I wont...

Well, I know the feeling sucks, but..he was already sick. There's no point in running around in circles, right? I mean, he'll get sick again, then you'll try to console and hug and pamper him, then you'll be sick...for example, when I'm sick, I always tell people who are dear to me to move away, cause I wouldn't want to make them sick and feel as bad as I do.

You have a good point. It's not what I want to hear right now, but you are right, LOL!!

I am just being whiny. My life is precariously balanced, so anything that throws off the rythym, like this silly cold, causes me to panic. I just don't like feeling helpless, which I do right now, and as crazy as this may sound, I don't like knowing that a simple hug from one particular person can make me feel better. Because he's not here right now, and I kind of need him.
BUT, to stop myself from hijacking my own thread, I am finally feeling a bit better, and I am going to work tomorrow night no matter what....I think I may live...
<

It depends for me....

if its a loved one, say..thistle..I would do my best to care for her.

...if it was my brother, I would want him to be put in one of those boy in a bubble things....

If it was my mother...I'd ask the doctor if I could pull the plug, and he would slap me because she has a cold...

Friends...I'd help them out, but not risk getting it myself...

For my mom and dad, I'd help them. I'd probably ask them what I can do, make them things to eat [okay, try?!] and help them out any way. My mom especially ALWAYS took care of me when I was sick as a kid, and she still does. My dad was there a few times, he wasn't the type to deal with the sickness.

If my brother was really ill then yeah, I'd help him out. I'm sure he'd do the same for me. Half the time though, I yell and scream get away from me. Hey, we fight a lot, I don't want him breathing on me and catching those sick germs!

I have a phobia of being sick, I absolutely hate it. Especially throwing up and colds.
Friends.....hey I'll send some Campbells and a get well card...sorry
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nautica @ Mar 24 2007, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You have a good point. It's not what I want to hear right now, but you are right, LOL!![/b]

Lol!
Well, it happens to me from time to time..to have a good point..it's not that often, so I'll celebrate now
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I just don't like feeling helpless, which I do right now, and as crazy as this may sound, I don't like knowing that a simple hug from one particular person can make me feel better. Because he's not here right now, and I kind of need him.[/b]

You know, I know exactly how you feel!
Good to hear you're feeling better!
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Subby @ Mar 24 2007, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
...if it was my brother, I would want him to be put in one of those boy in a bubble things....

If it was my mother...I'd ask the doctor if I could pull the plug, and he would slap me because she has a cold...[/b]

<

im neither if someone has a cold im not bothered wether i catch it or not but im not nurturing either depending on who it it, if my dd was sick and she is atm, i am there for her and taking care of her 100 %

Werbung:
Back