• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

When Everything Goes Wrong in a Day...

digitalbrew

The first days of January was more than eventful. First, my niece accidentally closes the lid of their laptop too strong breaking the LED screen, then our one month old puppy fell from the second floor due to the ignorance of my brother-in-law's construction worker(and he died), and my tablet decides to die on me. Talk about bad luck.

Have you ever experienced something like this? Care to share your experiences? This is one of those "Ugh!" moments.

Werbung:
I am so sorry about the puppy. :( That is beyond heartbreaking and I would be completely furious at whoever was responsible!

Yes I have had long streaks of "bad luck." Most of my life before age 25 was one terrible thing after another. I tried to commit suicide many times because of all the horrible things that were happening to me. When you fall down into low-vibration energy, it's hard to get back out again. And then you attract more negative things.

It's difficult, but you have to try and break the cycle of negativity and force yourself back into a positive mindset again. Watch the movie "The Secret" if you haven't already. It's one of the best movies for explaining this type of thing.

I'm sorry for your streak of bad luck. I am in the midst of a streak of bad lick, but nothing like the magnitude that you're experience. My streak was mostly related to employment and cash flow issues. I know that my streak has finally ended! Thank goodness.

Oh I know those days. I usually sum them up as "If something could possibly go wrong, it did." It's usually an entire series of events that make me stop and think "wtf did I do to the universe that is coming back on me now??" lol

That is so awful to have lost a newly born puppy that way. That must be so heart-breaking. I'm really sorry to hear that and also to have your tablet died on you too. A string of bad luck can only mean one thing. Things will get better. It cannot be get any worse than it already is.

I've had my share of bad luck too. I too had my tablet died on me and that was my fault. I left my tablet on the sofa and then when I wanted to reach something high, I stepped on the tablet when I stood on the sofa. I regretted that moment to this day. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and have my tablet back. I really love the tablet but I was told that to repair the screen would be more expensive than buying a new one. So now I have no tablet.

I am so sorry about the puppy. :( That is beyond heartbreaking and I would be completely furious at whoever was responsible!

Thank you. It was. We wanted to "kill" the worker because of his ignorance. That puppy was the favorite of the entire family and even my nieces were so mad and sad about it.

I've been through the suicidal phase. Fortunately, I was always too chicken or too lazy to do anything about it.

That is so awful to have lost a newly born puppy that way. That must be so heart-breaking. I'm really sorry to hear that and also to have your tablet died on you too. A string of bad luck can only mean one thing. Things will get better. It cannot be get any worse than it already is.

I've had my share of bad luck too. I too had my tablet died on me and that was my fault. I left my tablet on the sofa and then when I wanted to reach something high, I stepped on the tablet when I stood on the sofa. I regretted that moment to this day. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and have my tablet back. I really love the tablet but I was told that to repair the screen would be more expensive than buying a new one. So now I have no tablet.

Thank you for your condolences. He's almost a month old and was walking fast but clumsily. And he was the family's favorite. Now, he's gone. We were so excited to have had him as a part of our dog pack.

I'm sorry about your tablet. Mine isn't turning on at all. I am unsure whether it's just because of the charger, or it's something else but today we went to two malls in the hopes of finding a charger... no such luck.

I've been through the suicidal phase. Fortunately, I was always too chicken or too lazy to do anything about it.
You must have been so depressed to even go on this path. Feeling suicidal is no joke. Depression can do that. I hope you don't get into that path ever again. No matter how bad things get, suicide is never the answer and like someone once said, Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Problems can always be resolved. Suicide is irreversible.

You must have been so depressed to even go on this path. Feeling suicidal is no joke. Depression can do that. I hope you don't get into that path ever again. No matter how bad things get, suicide is never the answer and like someone once said, Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Problems can always be resolved. Suicide is irreversible.

Try saying that when you live with a mother that constantly badmouths you, compares you with other children, gets mad at you for no reason (and sometimes hurt you for that same reason) and a sister who doesn't know you much (she lived in the US) but decides to judge you saying things like "you probably won't graduate high school or college without getting pregnant." I actually almost believed that what they said about me was true! This sister (and one other) also didn't support me because I decided to take a different course than nursing.

And fortunately, I was too chicken (or sensible enough) to do anything about it . I think that's why I grew so numb that what they said eventually didn't matter anymore.

Try saying that when you live with a mother that constantly badmouths you, compares you with other children, gets mad at you for no reason (and sometimes hurt you for that same reason) and a sister who doesn't know you much (she lived in the US) but decides to judge you saying things like "you probably won't graduate high school or college without getting pregnant." I actually almost believed that what they said about me was true! This sister (and one other) also didn't support me because I decided to take a different course than nursing.

And fortunately, I was too chicken (or sensible enough) to do anything about it . I think that's why I grew so numb that what they said eventually didn't matter anymore.
That must be a terrible experience for you growing up in such a family. I'm not judging you or anything. I know that some people can get really depressed that they would entertain the idea of suicide. But like I've said, no matter how bad things get, this is one path you don't want to get onto. It's not worth it especially if you think that the people you left behind would regret what they did to you.

I'm sorry. Family is important, but your family doesn't necessarily have to be YOUR family, you know what I mean? You need a network of supportive and loving people around you, and it doesn't sound like they are going to be your relatives. If I were you, I'd consider moving far away and starting a new life, making positive friends and leaning on them for support. Keep in contact with your family but don't let their toxicity drag you down.

That must be a terrible experience for you growing up in such a family. I'm not judging you or anything. I know that some people can get really depressed that they would entertain the idea of suicide. But like I've said, no matter how bad things get, this is one path you don't want to get onto. It's not worth it especially if you think that the people you left behind would regret what they did to you.

I understand. I truly felt alone that time. And I was young (13-16) and the person I was supposed to rely on was the one who was driving me crazy. But now, I understood why my mom used to be like that. She was frustrated with her life and her children and since we were the only two people living together, I was always the one she would get mad at even though I didn't do anything.

If I got anything from the experience, it's probably the strength to deal with people who are like that.

I'm sorry. Family is important, but your family doesn't necessarily have to be YOUR family, you know what I mean? You need a network of supportive and loving people around you, and it doesn't sound like they are going to be your relatives. If I were you, I'd consider moving far away and starting a new life, making positive friends and leaning on them for support. Keep in contact with your family but don't let their toxicity drag you down.

True. True. I have more online friends that now my life than offline ones. How about you?

I think that's what my other sister did. She moved to the US and started cutting ties with our family. She would only call us when she's here. Sometimes, she wouldn't even tell us at all. And we'd end up hearing it from distant relatives she's met.

Anyway, I am with my sister. And so far we're living peacefully. Hopefully, I could start my own life soon.

I understand. I truly felt alone that time. And I was young (13-16) and the person I was supposed to rely on was the one who was driving me crazy. But now, I understood why my mom used to be like that. She was frustrated with her life and her children and since we were the only two people living together, I was always the one she would get mad at even though I didn't do anything.

If I got anything from the experience, it's probably the strength to deal with people who are like that.
I too didn't have a very happy childhood. I ran away from home when I was very young but didn't manage to get far because people in my neighborhood know one another and when they see a young girl with a big bag walking along the street, they'd stop you so this neighbor stopped me and sent me home.

I'm glad you learned something from your childhood experience. It's true sometimes the bad things that happen to you will make you a stronger and better person.

I too didn't have a very happy childhood. I ran away from home when I was very young but didn't manage to get far because people in my neighborhood know one another and when they see a young girl with a big bag walking along the street, they'd stop you so this neighbor stopped me and sent me home.

Wow, I bet you were one of the most liberated people back in your time. I would've run away too, but I had no idea where to go to that no one would find me. I've always thought that I wasn't normal because I wanted to run away from home. After hearing stories from you guys, I am just glad that I am not alone in having such feelings.

Wow, I bet you were one of the most liberated people back in your time. I would've run away too, but I had no idea where to go to that no one would find me. I've always thought that I wasn't normal because I wanted to run away from home. After hearing stories from you guys, I am just glad that I am not alone in having such feelings.
I really didn't know where I was going when I ran away that time. I think I was very young then; not even 10 years old. I was just so fed up with the way my mom was treating me so I ran away. In retrospect, it was a really silly thing to do. I just followed what I felt like doing. I don't think too far ahead. I didn't think where I was going and what I was going to do. I just wanted to get away from my mom.

Werbung:
Digitalbrew, I'm so sorry this happened to you, I'm sure it was heartbreaking - especially loosing your puppy - it makes me so sad to think about it, I simply don't know what to say.
I don't have a good relationship with my mother either but I learned not to care. At the beginning it was very hard, fortunately with time it gets easier.
What really helps is to surround yourself with your loved ones.

Back