• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What Makes a Great Teacher?

digitalbrew

Back in my college years, this one teacher really stuck to me. He was smart, charismatic and simply put, amazing. Companies have tried to visit our school to hire this teacher but he always declined them even though he was promised with great benefits and a high salary.

He could keep the class awake no matter the schedule. He also made the most boring subject sound interesting.

Have you ever had a great teacher? What made him/her special?

Werbung:
Wow, he really sounds like an awesome teacher. I have had some good teachers in my time, but not one stands out as being great. I have had a couple that were absolutely brilliant in their subject, but they weren't the best teachers.

I also did well in school because I loved learning. If being a professional student paid well, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. ;)

I think it is important that a teacher makes a good impression on the students. Class should be fun, but kids should be learning as well. It is important that the teacher keeps the class interesting. If a teacher is willing to help a student on their own time, that makes a good teacher.

When I was in primary school, I remember this teacher who was so encouraging to me. He was my language teacher and one day I wrote a composition for his class and he was so impressed by what I've written. He praised me and encouraged me to write. He even entered me into a competition. Even though I didn't win, I got the consolation prize. I was so proud of myself and this teacher was the one who inspired me to become a writer. He's a great teacher to me and I will remember him forever. Sadly, he passed away many years ago.

Werbung:
Teachers that I always connect with the most are the teachers that really push me. Those who keep me up and motivated.
Throughout high school, this would definitely be my math teacher. She found out I hadn't planned on taking Calculus next year.
Somehow she managed to talk me into it even though I was dead set against it. She knows I can do it and so pushed for it.
I ended up taking the semesters for Pre-Cal in prep for the college semesters in the spring and next year in Calc.
I got a 99%. :)

Back