• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What Do You Think of Distance Learning?

katews

Do you think that a decent education can be obtained with distance learning and online classes? I know a lot of the universities offer distance classes now... (I'm thinking of looking into Penn State... they've been offering it for decades!) and I'm wondering if it will become even more common in the future.

Have you taken any online classes with a university? Were your exams online too, or proctored?

Werbung:
To be honest I have never taken an online class, although I did teach myself how to make music with the help of the internet. But that was not an official class. I learned very well and have even had some of my music played on grand stages and played on the radio. But again, that was not a class that I paid for or anything like that.

I would think that only certain things can be taught by way of online classes. I heard about a guy getting some type of medical degree online, and it was a practical medical job that involved some type of surgery. He became licensed to perform some procedure and had only taken online classes for it, which I thought was dangerous and strange.

I think that only some things can be taught online. Other things need to be physically attended, in my opinion.

I definitely prefer traditional methods. But I'm one of these lazy students who need an outside motivation. If I didn't have to attend classes, I'd probably end up reading books I like instead of reading these that I should read. I'm not proud of it but this is how it is:p
But if somebody is diligent and self-motivated, he definitely can learn a lot online.

Wow, I never knew that Penn State offered online degrees--I may look into that. I have taken online classes for a year including classes such as chemistry and mathematics; I've also taken course in a traditional classroom setting. I believe that one may obtain a great education online but it does require a lot more work than a traditional classrooms. While attending classes on campus, I never had to complete that much work or study this hard because of the amount of lectures that I would receive. One can receive online lectures as well if they go to You Tube or if an online provides video lecture. I don't know if I want to continue online because of the work load, especially being a science major. But distance learning is not for everyone..you have to be the type that is willing to learn' on your on and some people are not good at it. I think that I am good at it but I hate it. I would rather sit in a classroom.

Werbung:
Wow, I never knew that Penn State offered online degrees--I may look into that.

I'm pretty sure that Penn doesn't offer the degree programs, angelle... just some distance learning classes. I suspect that for a degree program, you'd still have to attend most classes on campus.

Back