• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What do you think about french ?

Allie

Hi !

I'm a new member on the forum ! I come from Switzerland, so I speak french and I have a question that I've always wanted to ask....How hear you the french language ? Does it sound good ? Harmonious ? Or not at all ? What is the most similar language according to you ? And also, for people who learned it, is that difficult ? Or almost easily ?

Maybe it seems to be a stupid question, but I would like to know how it is when you don't speak this language.

If you want to know how I find english, I can tell you that I love this language ! I find it beautiful, it sounds very good...I find that a person who speak english looks very smart and class ! My second favorite language is spanish ! What about you ? What's your favorite language ? (I hope that I didn't make too much mistakes ,I try to progress in english!)

Werbung:
I speak French, but I'm not very good at it. I uderstand a lot but I still find it hard to speak fluently. And the pronunciation is really difficult for me. Anyway, I love it, it's a beautiful language!:D It's so melodious - even the silliest little words sound so romantic in French. This is why I started learning it:D

Hi Allie, I'm relatively new here as well. I live in New Orleans, which is very much influenced by French culture as we used to be a French territory. Lots of people here speak French, or some derivative of it, though when I was younger I never had anyone to speak with so I didn't become fluent. Now I am trying to learn Spanish, but I keep thinking in French, lol, particularly with pronouns. It's kind of hilarious.

ChanellG, I had the same problem with Italian and French. I was quite fluent in Italian when I started learning French and in the beginning, I kept thinking in Italian:p I remember it was very annoying, especially since these languages are quite similar. Now it's easier for me to use French.
And when I speak German, somehow I keep thinking in English, it's so confusing:confused:

ChanellG, I had the same problem with Italian and French...
And when I speak German, somehow I keep thinking in English, it's so confusing:confused:

ROFLOL! I am determined to conquer it, Claudine. I can read and understand a little in French and I am getting better with understanding what I read in Spanish. I have an audio course to help you learn Spanish in your car so I just have to start listening to the CDs more often. I also belong to a Spanish language meetup for practicing the language, but I never get a chance to attend.

There are also Spanish language television and radio stations here, so I really have no excuse other than not making time for it. My goal is to immerse myself and improve and then use one of my available resources to keep it going.

Werbung:
Hi !

I'm a new member on the forum ! I come from Switzerland, so I speak french and I have a question that I've always wanted to ask....How hear you the french language ? Does it sound good ? Harmonious ? Or not at all ? What is the most similar language according to you ? And also, for people who learned it, is that difficult ? Or almost easily ?

Maybe it seems to be a stupid question, but I would like to know how it is when you don't speak this language.

If you want to know how I find english, I can tell you that I love this language ! I find it beautiful, it sounds very good...I find that a person who speak english looks very smart and class ! My second favorite language is spanish ! What about you ? What's your favorite language ? (I hope that I didn't make too much mistakes ,I try to progress in english!)

French is my favorite language. I love it, majored and earned my degree in it, and have even visited a French-speaking country a couple of times before (France), but I have not seemed to master it yet! I don't get to be around many native French speakers. I am a native English speaker. Your English is very good, by the way. I can write better than I can listen and understand it. Sometimes, listening to movies translated into French helps when I make time to watch them. To me, French sounds like some Italian and Spanish words, but it is a beautiful language all on its own. I wish you the best with your continued learning English. I am glad you find our language beautiful too. Merci! :)

Back