• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What are your thoughts on plastic surgery?

I feel that it is a personal choice and I respect that. My only concern are for those who are not seeing 'clearly' necessarily and are trying to solve an internal problem...externally. This could lead to them going one step further every time and perhaps achieving unfavorable results? I just think people should possibly be screened before...and have a waiting period IF not for immediate health reasons.

Werbung:
I would never get plastic surgery unless it was absolutely necessary. Maybe its because I like my body the way it is, or the fact that going under scares the heebie jeebies outta me, I don't know but I do know that I will never get an elective surgery if I can help it!

I think the only way I would have plastic surgery is if I had to have a mastectomy (breast cancer runs in the family) and I couldn't live with just a single boob, so I'd go in for a fake one. But I really don't think I'd have a problem living with one boob because my boobs aren't what makes me a woman, ya know?

I used to think I would never get plastic surgery. I'm top heavy and gravity is being to take its toll. If I was to get plastic surgery, it would be to give the "girls" a little lift. Other than that, plastic surgery is not really for me.

I have nothing against plastic surgery, but I do think that some people get addicted to it. I'm thinking about Joan Rivers in particular. I saw her last night on a television show and she looked frightening. I couldn't look at her for longer than a split second.

I don't have any major problems with it if it's for the right reasons. I don't even mind it for cosmetic reasons, but I do think it can be excessive, and I think if you're doing it without thinking through, then it's a bad idea.

I think one of the most important things for women is to feel pretty. It makes us happy, right?:D And if you need a plastic surgery to feel like this, then in my opinion you should do this, it's all right. Personally, I feel really good with the way I look but if I didn't, I'd probably want to have a plastic surgery.

I would never get plastic surgery because I feel that you should be happy with the body you are given. It really doesn't give our young teens a good impression. On the other hand, there are many people who may need plastic surgery for medical reasons. If this is the case then I feel that it is okay. It is important to give it time to think about before going ahead with the surgery.

Plastic surgery is so unnecessary for some people. I would only recommend plastic surgery for people who'd suffered burns on their bodies and need reconstructive surgery. If it's just to have bigger boobs or a plumper lips, these are surgeries that can be avoided. One should be thankful for what one has been given by God at birth and not try to change them.

I don't think I'd ever go under the knife. I personally just feel that women look better when they age gracefully. To me theres no worse look than having too many cosmetic procedures. So many people get addicted to getting more procedures done if you're not happy with yourself and who you are no amount of procedures will make you content. I know lots of women who are 30-50 years older than me and are still beautiful and radiant without going under the knife. They are a real inspiration to me as a young woman and have made me stop fearing aging. :) They still care about skin care, fashion and make up and don't go as far as visiting a plastic surgeon.

I do however understand why people who have been in accidents want reconstructive surgery.

I have very mixed opinions on plastic surgery. I think there is a very fine line before it becomes too extreme. I think if you are going to have work done, you need to work on your mental health as well, and the underlying reasons why you think you need to change the way you look. It is hard to have an issue with it, when it truly and genuinely makes a person feel more confident and happier with their appearance. For example, someone wanting to have a breast-lift after giving birth. But it does make me sad to see a woman drastically change her appearance. I know a girl from high-school, who was already a very pretty girl to begin with, have so many procedures done that I actually didn't fully recognize her at first.

When you're young, it's easy to sit back and say that you'd never have plastic surgery. But I think that most of us want to look young and beautiful, and honestly, plastic surgery science has come a long way in recent years. If it has improved greatly by the time I'm older, I may consider it. It's easy to say I wouldn't, but when you don't like what you see in the mirror, life is miserable. I hope to age very gracefully by taking care of my body and never need anything like that. But never say never.

I think having surgery to improve the appearance of something that is bothering you or holding you back is one thing. Like tucking extra skin if you have lost a lot of weight or correcting a crooked nose. Even lifting sagging skin is fine. Having an overhaul where your friends hardly recognize you is something else. That would be better handled by a psychiatrist not a surgeon.

I think if your hate something about your body and it affects how you behave and act each day (in a negative way) then you should be allowed to have surgery to change something. That one change could completely change that person's life and make them more confident and and actually start living!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with plastic surgery. How would you feel if you looked beautiful except for the fact that you have a disfigured nose that drains your confidence level? Plastic surgery can change all of that. Tylenol is not medically necessary but we all take it. Doritos and Oreos are not medically necessary but we all eat junk food. To demean a practice that is meant to improve a persons self esteem is just wrong. I would suggest you take a look at a New Beauty magazine to help give you a better understanding of what plastic surgery does. Its not all surgical. Plastic surgery is a technology that has advance quite a it. A lot, if not most of it, is not done under the knife and an anesthetic. I have never had any plastic surgery, however I grew up around some of the best board certified surgeons in the country. Every single one of their clients that I met were seriously the most happy and most confident people I have ever met. So basically don't knock it until you've tried it, especially if you have never tried it.

Werbung:
I don't really think a lot about plastic surgeries, but in the past I have felt tempted to try it. Now that I'm older I really don't. I think plastic surgeries are a very serious thing and you actually need to find a really good surgeon, because things can go horribly wrong if you don't.

Sometimes even if you find a good surgeon things might not go as expected, because plastic surgeries change the way you look, and sometimes you might have second thoughts wishing to look the way you used to look like before. I could see this happening to me if I ever dared to get a plastic surgery. So no thanks! I always have second thoughts after cutting my hair!

Back