• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

TV show 16 and pregnant??

dconklin

These reality shows are getting a little bit out of control lately, especially with all the reality shows. So now I just saw a commercial for a show called 16 and Pregnant. I really don't think they need to be putting this onto TV! I can see it creating problems and possibly girls not worrying about getting pregnant at an early age-TV can play a huge part in influencing kids.

What do you think?

Werbung:
You couldn't have said it any better!

Alright, there are girls who got pregnant at an early age, some are even below 15 years old when they had their first baby, but I don't think it has to be shown on TV. It's already getting out of control as it is, and although their intentions may not be to promote it, but in a sense they're promoting it!

Good grief! I do agree that reality shows are out of control. Perhaps this show can show the very real and unforeseen consequences of teen pregnancy and encourage teenaged girls to wait to engage in sex.

It is ridiculous! I've watched an episode or tow & they just sensationalize the whole thing! They don't really show how tough it actually is being a teen mom & I should know since I had my oldest at 14. She's 15 now & thinks the show is stupid too.

It's getting now where the girls are doing incredibly stupid things
after they've given birth, for instance, there's one who's been with assault
against the same boyfriend she used to beat up on on the show. There's
a YouTube video out with one of the other girls getting goaded into a fight
out in someone's front yard and just wailing away on this girl. And through
all of this, I wonder what could MTV have possibly said for the parents of these
girls to give the okay in invading their lives and putting ALL of their business
on front street?

This show will never get pass the censors in my country, thank God. It's romanticizing pre-marital and teen sex which I don't think is a good message to send to our teens. As it is, teens are already regarding sex as just a physical exercise with no consequences attached to it. This reality show would go further to send the message to teens that it's all right to have sex and get pregnant. I wouldn't want this show to be telecast on tv in my country. It doesn't really portray the truth so how can it be called a reality show?

It doesn't really portray the truth so how can it be called a reality show?

Unfortunately, most "reality TV shows" don't really portray the truth. They're so exaggerated that they're far from reality and should be called "escape" or "fantasy" tv shows or something. To call them 'reality' is just silly.

These reality shows are getting a little bit out of control lately, especially with all the reality shows. So now I just saw a commercial for a show called 16 and Pregnant. I really don't think they need to be putting this onto TV! I can see it creating problems and possibly girls not worrying about getting pregnant at an early age-TV can play a huge part in influencing kids.

What do you think?

You guys are crazy. Have you actually researched the show? They made the show in response to all the teenage pregnancy and wanted to show girls what it is really like and how horrible it is so they would not romantisize it. It's not like any of the girls on the show make it look appealing.
It should also be noted that teenage pregnancy rates of gone down significantly since the show's beginning.

I agree with you. There is absolutely no reason to have a show like this. There are so many kids getting pregnant these days. These kids are very young. They shouldn't be a mom when they are just kids their self. This needs to stop as far as some of these shows that are allowed to be shown to these kids.

I do not care for this show either. I have given it a chance and have watched it several times. Teen Mom is another show that came after 16 and pregnant and I have the same opinion of this show as well. There is so much "junk" out there these days on television. I wish they would censor most of the shows.

Unfortunately, most "reality TV shows" don't really portray the truth. They're so exaggerated that they're far from reality and should be called "escape" or "fantasy" tv shows or something. To call them 'reality' is just silly.
You're absolutely right, Jessi. In fact, I think some of the things that they do in reality shows are scripted. Otherwise, it will be so boring to see people do ordinary everyday things that most people do.

That show is not airing on any local channels here and better to be that way.
But I could have ideas on what that show is all about through reading about it online. I think these kind of shows should not be really aired specially now that the youth seems to be easily influenced by what they are watching.

I am surprised that these teens allow the network to document all their frustrations and struggles from teenage pregnancy. It can be an awakening call though. But with all the swearing I just saw in one episode on Youtube, I doubt it if it would pass the censors board here in the Philippines.

Werbung:
I blame the government for not being able to tame and put control on what the public should see. Am not saying that they mute the TV stations, only that they put a limit to what is OK for the family and what is not.
Since its hard to control TV in the house, only cutting down on the unmoral programs can help. We sometime assume this things, but the fact is, soon they catch up with us when our young kids becomes mothers and fathers, their lives changes for ever and even yours.

Back