• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

The Voice

Orrymain

It hasn't started yet but The Voice will be debuting soon on NBC. It's another singing competition. Do you plan to watch it?

Werbung:
I haven't watched any of the others, so I highly doubt I'll watch this one either... and I'm even in the music business. Just never bothered me to watch them.

What makes this one a little unique is that the judges score only the voices. They actually face away from the stage so that nothing visual affects their voting.

I am not really into shows like that. Good to display your talent like that but we can only take so much of shows like this.

what a strange idea... so they can't see the people that are singing?

A desperate gimmick by the sounds of it...

It seems stupid for the judges not to look at the performers because success depends on more than just a good voice. It is about more than looks too, personality, style, movement all play a part.

exactly my thought kernow.. an entertainer needs to be a complete package, not just a voice..

I disagree. The problem with our society is that was judge too much on external. So many wonderful are ignored because of their looks. Case in point: Susan Boyle. Take a look at Simon Cowell's face.

Susan Boyle is transformed when she sings, she has a lovely expressive face. Her voice is beautiful but seeing her sing adds to the experience. There are people who have 'faces for radio' who still do very well in the music industry because it is about so much more than just looks, the Proclaimers spring to mind but I am sure there are many other examples. By the way I would much rather not look at Simon Cowell's face!!

lol I don't blame you. I just think the power of The Voice initially is because it's just about the quality of the voice. Naturally, that's only in the first round.

Werbung:
Kernow I think you expressed that very well, the whole package matters but looks are just a small part of the whole package. I wouldn't want to look at Simon Cowell's smug face either!

Back