• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

The Simpsons

gossiplady

Perfect Dysfunctional Family.

The Simpsons is another relic from my childhood, I've seen this show when I was 8, I loved it then and I love it now. There wasn't anything like it at the time, it was strange yet funny and supprising grounded. Yes the Simpsons is a cartoon and things that happened we're ridiculous but not to the point where it was completely unbelievable or implasable which is why to me this show was a little more acessable, because not just did it have smart humor but heart as well. And one a sidenote it was also a phinominon
people of all ages talked about it, I and my friends did that from Elementry School, Middle School, High School, Collage, and even now yes it stretched that far. There were toys, comic books, posters, a movie, pinball games which were cool, even video games (well only one was good which was the arcade game from Konami).

I'll just state some reasons as to why I love the Simpsons.

1. The Funny Satirical Atmosphere: The Simpsons has created sort of an alternate America, where it's one step in our reality but at the same time one step away. Most of what they have is similar to what we have but there are some unique features that make Springfield stand apart. Let alone the great animation which has created in great detail that surealistic funny universe.

2. The Characters: All of the characters and their behavior seem to possess or are driven by their own flaws whether their aware of them or not. But what makes them more than just mere characters or almost plain unlikeable is that they all possess a humanity, they do have some sense of a concious for their actions and learn from it without anyone having to state the lesson they should learn which I've always felt was a fundamental problem with some comidy shows. I'll just state 4 favorate characters since theirs so many and no room.

3. Use of Special Gust Stars and homage: Usually their there as a promotion device but in the Simpsons the guest are actually alowed to participat in a way which gives their role value and adds to the show. Some play themselves but slightly contrary. I also love the use of homage which is extra spice to the show added, like any good parody there is a sense of sutality and they all play it straight which is why they work so well in the Simpsons.

4. The Episodes: the Simpsons just has a lot of great and memorable episodes that are just fraking hillarious, thanks to great and inspired writing (one of the writers talk show host Connan O Brian), direction, and acting. My reasons why I like the episodes you'll just have to read my episode reviews on them. This is my personal top ten favorate episodes list.

10. 24 minutes
9. Homer the Heritic
8. Homer vs. the 18th Amendment
7. Homer's Enimy
6. Treehouse of Horror 6
5. Treehouse of Horror 5
4. Who Shot Mr. Burns 1 and 2
3. Cape Feare
2. Marge vs. the Monorail
1. The Springfield Files

Well I've said more than enough, the Simpsons are the perfect disfunctional family to love.

Werbung:
Man, Simpsons is absolutely priceless! I can't believe my parents let me watch it when I was younger though cos there is so much inappropriateness in there, haha. It's amazing that all the characters have stayed consistent for how many years? Jeepers, it started in 1991 didn't it? It's been going 18 years?!

I'm quite pleased that the new season is super funny again, it lapsed a bit for a season or 3...

Well for me The Simpsons has some humor to it, but I'm not addicted to it by any means. It's a little too far out for me as a rule. It sure has proven to be iconic though.

I used to love watching the Simpsons. I was addicted to them when I was ab0ut 11 or so. I still watch them occassionally and think that they are somewhat funny. And I too love the way they have special guest appearances.

I like the Simpsons, it still surprises me sometimes, it deals with some difficult subjects. My son likes Family Guy but I can't stand it, perhaps you need to be from USA to understand it.

I think that is part of the magic justontime, I think perhaps there is something in most of the characters that we can recognise and identify with.

Yes Kernow that is probably it. I know that at times I feel like I could have indentified with many of them.

I think you are right Kernow. Sometimes I wonder how Marge copes with Homer, but there again she is a little bit crazy too, perhaps my husband and I are a bit like that too.

I think it is certainly true that we are all a little bit crazy. The Simpsons shows that all sorts of people are complex, not just good or bad, strong or weak.

Werbung:
After watching initially, I just really got out of the habit. I think I associate it more with the Jack character from Stargate SG-1 now than anything else (Jack's a Simpson fanatic.)

Back