• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

The constantly online-playing-boyfriend-issue

My boyfriend is a gamer too! But thankfully, he knows when to stop playing. Now, he only plays during his free time. :cool:

Werbung:
I was married to a man who decided being on his computer all day, playing games and sleeping, were more important than me, the housework, having a job, and well, everything else really. I say was, because I got fed up of having to do everything, and feeling like I didn't exist. I divorced him some time later.

Never just accept crap like that, you're worth more than a computer game ever will be.

Thank you, darling. I agree with you. When you have a life and a home with a man - that is not acceptable. I see that now. I did the right thing with confronting him.
We did end up going sepperate ways later on too, but not really because of that issue. Thank you for your answer. Honestly. Appreciate

My boyfriend is a gamer too! But thankfully, he knows when to stop playing. Now, he only plays during his free time. :cool:

That's somewhat a gift. Some people can't. And I'd like to say it's because they are running away from something. Some kind of escapism. So I'm happy for you that you seem to have a boyfriend who's in control, so to speak! Thank you for your answer.

I believe it's in men's genes to be competent in something. After all, in the caveman days, they did the hunting.

My boyfriend is also a gamer. Thankfully, I also am a gamer and have undergone the gaming addiction phase which is why I can perfectly relate to him. Imagine having to wake up at a person using the computer to play an MMORPG. He goes to the bathroom and brings my phone with him to play Tower Defenders and other Android Games (this happened after his PSP got busted). If I'm using my laptop, he'll resort to turning on his PS2 and spend countless hours figuring out puzzles, beating up zombies and taking out the life bar of a Tekken character.

Instead of confronting him, I played the girlfriend card. Not the whiny type, but the "mustering all my charm and loving ways to take away his attention" type. He'll eventually notice you. And you could always say then, "Can I have some of your time? I just miss looking at you."

Thank you for that. I love your way of looking at it. It's a great perspective. Unfortunately I had already tried that. We had gotten to that state when I had bought some really sexy lingerie (the kind he love, of course) and I was standing in front of him dressed to impress. And he moved to the left to see the TV-screen better.
This is not an issue anymore for me. He and I broke up. But thank you for your answer!

Btw - I never said I didn't play! I love gaming too. But not every second of my life.
Again - thank you! xxo

I was married to a man who decided being on his computer all day, playing games and sleeping, were more important than me, the housework, having a job, and well, everything else really. I say was, because I got fed up of having to do everything, and feeling like I didn't exist. I divorced him some time later.

Never just accept crap like that, you're worth more than a computer game ever will be.

Wow, that's too much. Even I wouldn't put up with people who only face the computer, play games and sleep-unless they're earning some serious cash online.

You did the right decision.

Thank you for that. I love your way of looking at it. It's a great perspective. Unfortunately I had already tried that. We had gotten to that state when I had bought some really sexy lingerie (the kind he love, of course) and I was standing in front of him dressed to impress. And he moved to the left to see the TV-screen better.
This is not an issue anymore for me. He and I broke up. But thank you for your answer!

Btw - I never said I didn't play! I love gaming too. But not every second of my life.
Again - thank you! xxo

If you play, then beat him! LOL. No kidding. If sexy lingerie don't work, then getting him beaten in a game he's addicted to will surely get him to notice you. Me and my partner love bantering at each other. We would say how lousy one or the other is.

And as a last resort, cook his favorite meal. I'm sure he'll give in to the temptation. If he doesn't go with you to the dinner table, eat in front of him. And if that doesn't work, slap him with a plateful of food and walk away- although I doubt men in relationships could be so dense.

Werbung:
My boyfriend is a constant gamer, so yeah, I feel your pain. I don't react quite like you do though. It took me a while, but I realized that playing video games is quite innocent and entertaining - and it's a great way to pass the time. Sometimes you're just too overwhelmed or tired and the best way to unwind is with a good game. I know it sounds weird, but that's my take on it. Regardless, the way that I learned to deal with it and work around it is simple. Play with him! I know it sounds like I'm telling you to cave, but I'm not. Playing video games with your boyfriend, not only increases communication, but it also helps in team-building and trust. It really does help, because if you play games with him like Left 4 Dead - it's about zombies and surviving their attacks - you two need to be able to work together and be right there for each other at any second. This also helps to eliminate the amount of time that he spends in front of the computer. My boyfriend used to play for hours straight and now he his gaming sessions are less than 2 hours usually. Trust me, don't try to change it, just adapt and show him that you can be interested in what he's interested in too. Because if all you do is shoot down what he likes to do, it might cause bigger problems later on.

Back