• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

That.. stupid, sexist, Dr. Pepper 10 commercial

StephRoman

"It's not for women!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4iaetOC54&feature=related

Uhhh.. I don't see how this commercial is still existing, then again, I don't see how it was even approved as a GOOD IDEA. Why take a deep stab at 50% of the population? Though I heard, girls are more than 50%... but you get the idea.

But jeez. This caused an uproar.. and I don't see how sexism is going to sell this product. I just know of a lot of girls who have stopped supporting this company due to their promo launch of this stupid method.

Werbung:
First off, I think it's a stupid marketing campaign. It's not as if anyone I know considers drinking a 'diet drink' a girly thing to do. I know plenty of men who drink diet dr. pepper. Secondly, most of the people doing the grocery shopping are women so why not advertise TO them?

Secondly that video is freaking hilarious!

Yeah, it was such an obvious attempt at "negative" marketing that it was almost laughable. You could almost hear their ad execs begging "pleeeeease get your knickers in a bunch over this. Any buzz is good buzz!"

Yawn. I'll take a Pepsi please.

I had watched that advertisement before and I think that advert could really lost a lot of possible revenue since women comprises more than 50 percent of the population. They should wish hard that women will still drink that soda to prove its not only for men. LOL

Haha soda is horrible for you anyway (diet or regular)... I hope this pisses off enough women to get them to stop drinking it. I hate sexist stuff like this.. it doesn't really anger me anymore- I just roll my eyes at the stupidity.

Annifer, thanks for posting that.. that was hilarious!

Terrible marketing. I don't see why they need a Dr. Pepper 10 if their Diet Dr. Pepper is supposed to taste "just like the real thing." Why would you come out with something new that has 10 calories and say that it tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper, when you've spent years and years advocating that your diet is the same? Makes no sense.

Dr Pepper 10 actually does taste better than diet Dr. Pepper. I think it was basically a way of going for a new and improved diet doctor pepper.

Werbung:
I realize that it tastes better, but why would they sell themselves out like that? I guess it would make sense if it was a Doctor Pepper 0 or something, like the Coke Zero and the Pepsi Max. Dr. Pepper is one of the most popular drinks, so I doubt the crappy advertising will affect their sales. They probably just didn't think it through.

Back