• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Thames Flooding Risk Remains

Snowbaby

Homes in Oxfordshire and Berkshire remain at risk as water levels along the River Thames are expected to rise with more heavy rain forecast.

Some areas could see rain measuring 10mm (0.4ins) to 15mm (0.6ins), forecasters said, with the Environment Agency (EA) saying river levels in the affected areas are generally "steady and high" and could remain this way until Friday.

Three of the severe warnings are along the Thames with three on the Severn. An EA spokeswoman said: "It is going to take a long time to go down because there is a lot of water. The water is reaching its high point, then very gradually it is going to go down."

Nearly a week after the rain deluge across central and southern England, the EA said six severe flood warnings and 20 flood warnings remain in place as hundreds of people are forced to seek shelter in emergency accommodation.

In the Gloucestershire towns of Cheltenham, Tewkesbury and Gloucester, residents have been warned that clean water could be unavailable for two weeks as fears grow over sanitation and health.

Source

Anyone here affected by the flooding?
<

Werbung:
Werbung:
It has been crazy. This time last year we had a heat wave. I remember the night of my wedding, I had to get changed out of my wedding dress just after our meal because is was soooooo hot.

This past week or so, one minute it's glorious sunshine, the next it's bucketing rain really hard, and the next sunshine again. It's really odd.

Back