• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Temping Agency

Potholer

Bah, you know what's ridiculous? Being turned down by a temping agency because I'm already with too many. Ok ok, so it doesn't sound so ridiculous considering they would have been the sixth agency. What is dumb is that I've been with 3 of those all summer and they haven't given me anything. I've been with the other two for 2-3 weeks and still nothing.

Guy: 6? Oh....it's too much of a challenge balancing a diary past 3-4.
Me: Uhh, I haven't had any work all summer from 3 of them and I've only been with the 2 most recent for 2 weeks or so.
Guy: Even so, from our perspective, it's too many.

the 4th agency told me they're recommending people join as so many.

Has this guy NOtICED there's a recession going on?!!?

Stupidhead.

It really annoys me. Especially since I don't have a job at all. Finally well enough to work and I can't actually get any. ARGH.

Werbung:
have you posted your resume on any sites like monster.com? I just got a full time job after posting an ad on craigslist.com....but it took me almost 2 years to finally get here. At this point, temp agencies are overloaded with people looking for jobs, so I stopped bothering with them awhile ago.

I've been trawling through seek.co.nz and trademe.co.nz trying to find something I wont hate. I only need something for a few months before I head overseas but I can't bget overseas without airfare money bah.

Mm thanks.

Yeah I hate agencies... Got some work from a couple I signed up to in australia.... as soon as I found work elsewhere I couldn't wait to tell them I wouldn't go through them again.

I hate temp agencies they are working for the employer. They don't care anything about you and your needs...it's the employer who is paying them. This leads to the worker being treated pretty poorly, sorry to say.

temping sucks.. perhaps you should ditch one or two of them and start with new ones. There are lots of online agencies now too. Have you looked locally, in newsagents noticeboards and places like that? Is there a local newspaer where you live?

I would register with all of the credible organizations. I don't understand why that's a problem.

I do not understand either why it is a problem. You would think they would see that as an asset that you are willing to work hard and want a job.

Exactly. The only way it would be a problem is if someone cut out of a job for Temp A to do Temp B.

I think that temp agencies suck, but as long as employees want to hire temps or try potential job candidates out as temps first, temp agencies are here to stay.

I agree with posting your resume on monster or another similar board. My hubby got a good job that way. Of course, it does take some time to find the right match.

I hate temp agencies they are working for the employer. They don't care anything about you and your needs...it's the employer who is paying them. This leads to the worker being treated pretty poorly, sorry to say.

As you say, the temp agency is working for the employer who is paying them and have a vested interest in taking care of the paying client. They have no problem treating temp workers bad or letting them go on a whim just cause they can.

Werbung:
I don't prefer being in an agency either. They have some rules, specially when it comes to salary, which I disagree with. They even get these cash bonds here in the Philippines which causes the salary of my hubby to decrease and I don't like that.

Back